This Disappears When Logged In

Non-electrical Tank/cage Heater!

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Dragoness, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

even after we removed chocolates, we ended up having to bomb the house. All the critters (and in some cases, accompanying cages) were moved outside for the day. Fish tank had to be very well covered. It's such a big pain.

2. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Ugh, that does NOT sound promising -- especially in this weather!

I'll see if my pest control guy can do anything without risking the frogs and geckos. He stopped spraying upstairs since I got the frogs, but he still does the outside and basement. Maybe he'll have an idea besides bombing...

I can't see my husband driving around town with a carload of tanks with the heat turned way up for a day:D

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Or dropping them off at my house ;)

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

They make some "pet safe" aerosol can type pesticide spray you can use on carpet and furniture. It's okay to use around cats and dogs, but I don't know about amphibians, being as sensitive as they are. We had some luck with that, when we used to have flea problems, because you could spray it in places that were hard to get (like under the big pieces of furniture).

It had a fruity smell to it.

5. Frognut

Yeah Liz, you are definitely close enough -- but the evil side of me would love to see how far I could push my luck with hubby:p

He CLAIMS to not like pets, but he doesn't have me convinced. (except about the no snake part!)

I haven't seen any of the moths in the frog tank, but they have been in the gecko tank - she even bumped her head on the side trying to catch one.

I'll talk to my pest guy in January if they are still around. I have gone through the pasta cabinet and cleaned every container and box. Killing any cocooned thing and disinfecting all around the kitchen (no where near my critters). They seem to have gotten scarce since then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

6. Frognut

BTW Dragoness - I do apologize for hijacking your thread! I just realized (cause sometimes I'm slow;)) that my moth problem has taken over.... he he, literally and figuratively

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.