This Disappears When Logged In

Non-electrical Tank/cage Heater!

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Dragoness, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Found a new heater for cages! requires no electricity! All natural!

[​IMG]

2. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

That's cute! My cat however would break through. LOL

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'm glad that cage has a sturdy lid - the cats take turns keeping it warm, and they aren't exactly lightweights.

4. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

Omg that is soooo cute :) Is that braveheart??? What a sweetie!!!! I have 5 cats, how about that to keep the humidity in :D:D:D:D

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Yeah, that's the brave one. He and mischief (other cat) take turns sleeping there.

The inhabitant of the cage is my baby Brazilian Rainbow Boa (hence the humidity).

6. Vegetasmom

Vegetasmom Elite Member

LOL... how cute.... it must feel really comfortable to them :)

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Figures, my cat just sucks the heat OUT of my big frog tank. He knows its warm up there.

8. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL very cute!

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

i noticed the cage temp and humid stay more stable when there is a kitty on it.

10. schlegelbagel

Well sure. Insulation!

11. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah, but what you save in electricity - you spend in cat food to keep them large enough to be effective :p

LOL - great picture!!

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I actually put those guys on a diet. We got them from my boyfriend's mom, and she was overfeeding them (2 cans of wet food each day).

"Well, the model is available in long or short fur, and in assorted colors. They can be fitted to most small tanks. For an additional charge, you may request our special pest control model."

13. schlegelbagel

Yikes! 2 cans each? Its funny, if you read the feeding instructions on the can, it says 1 oz per lb of cat. Totally ridiculous! I feed Abby one can a day, and that seems to do her good. According to their feeding instructions, she should be getting a can and a half! She's only 7 lbs, just a little thing.

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

These cats were seriously overweight. They get only dry food now, and the occasional wet food or table scraps.

15. schlegelbagel

If they were feeding 2 cans a day AND table scraps that would explain it. my cats hardly ever get table scraps, minus a table spoon of my cereal milk or a dab of yogurt.

16. Frognut

My two get a can each -- but it's the tiny Fancy Feast size cans. They are REALLY picky.

And I think I would like to trade in one of my models on a better pest control model. I have these stupid moths that have taken over my house, and Smudgie just bats them around a bit - never kills any of them. So what's the trade in value on a defective pest control model anyway???:p

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Our cats are horrible at catching anything - we have stray crickets constantly (constantly because the cats don't really do anything about it.)

I had those moths once. If you can find the source, it's easier to get rid of them Check bags of rice, flour, dry cat/dog food, any container that does not have a perfect seal. (our infestation stemmed from a box of chocolates that had been forgotten underneath the microwave. It was very scary when we opened it.)

18. schlegelbagel

I had those moths/larva living in a partly wrapped bar of bakers chocolate. I wanted to vomit when I found that.

19. Frognut

The offending rice container has been removed for about 3 weeks now and we still have them. :mad:

Of course, I'd be even more upset if they got into any of my chocolate!!:p

20. Freihto

Freihto Elite Member

first thing i thought when i saw it was that there was a lack of oxygen, but then i saw you say something about humidity and i was relieved.

I almost lost my grey tree frog over vacation because my mother put a picture on top of my frog tank, covering the main airway. Thankfully there was a tiny gap between the glass and the wood frame, that let a little air in.

heh... i ate a 6-7 really old Hershey kisses once... found out on the last one that they where covered in the little worms. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.