This Disappears When Logged In

Non-Eating Pac-Man Frog

Discussion in 'Horned Frogs' started by Yellowfang15, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

· How long have you owned the animal? 3 weeks
    · What is the enclosure size?Ten Gallons
    · What type of substrate are you using (shavings, bark, paper towel, etc.)?Eco-Earth
    · What type of lighting are you using and at what distance(s) are they from the animal? (UVB and Basking)Undertank heating pad, 9w bulb for day/night cycle
    · What are the temperatures within the enclosure and how are they being measured?71 cool side, 85 warm, infra red temp gun
    · What is the humidity within the enclosure and how is it being measured?55-60 percent, digital hyrometer
    · What are you feeding (or attempting to feed) the animal?Earthworms (small),Mealworms, Crickets (various sizes), super worms, waxworms
    · What exactly are you concerned about?I'm fine with the inactivity, not the no eating
    IMG_4662.jpg IMG_4664.jpg

His name is Mavis, had him for 3 weeks now, he is a baby (2 inches by 2 inches) and is 31 grams. He is just not eating and I have provided every need and type of food except guppies. Help?

2. Frogsrule

Frogsrule Active Member

Get rid of the undertank heater. They bury to stay cool and will get burned by it. Put it on the sode instead. Even on the cool side the temps should not go below 75 degrees. Humidity should not drop below 60 percent either. Dont feed waxworms mealworms or superworms. They are hard to digest and have no nutriotional value.
    New frogs often take up to a month to adjust and wont eat until they do. Fix the husbandry and watch him closely :)

3. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

+1 it seems almost everyone makes the undertank heater mistake.

My pacman ate right away though.

4. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

It is on the side, and ok with the worms

5. socalherps

socalherps Active Member

I'm not sure about pac man frogs but with leopard geckos and bearded dragons you can rubb the side of their mouth with a small item and their mouth will open and you can use a little syringe to squirt small amounts of MEAT based baby food (according to my reptile vet) but that's only if you see significant weight loss. The baby food will have lots of fat in it so it will cause weight gain and eventually they will get tired of it and eat. But remember try to feed them and then use the baby food.