This Disappears When Logged In

No More Eating

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by herpetolectual, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Iv had a jungle carpet python for like 10 years now, its full grown (obviously) and the nicest herp I have ever owned, anyone else's adorable meat tube only eat 6 months out of the year?

p.s. anyone else planning to stuff their snake when it dies? i was thinking to stuff him in a straight line.

I am just kidding... mounting is too expensive.
    here are some fotes from over the years, including a new cage i just finished building, let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

"adorable meat tube" haha. i have never thought of a snake that way...my jcp will try and eat me if the sun is down and has only refused a meal once since i have owned her. that said, shes not quite 2 yet so my experience with her is limited. just out of curiosity how do you get the humidity up w/ the screen cage?

beautiful snake, i hope mine calms down and gets sweet as she ages, shes a bit squirrely right now.

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice looking carpet! :)
    My ball python usually stops eating for 4-6 months in winter.
    I don't know if I'd stuff my snakes, but maybe a nice belt... ;)

4. Flint

Flint Elite Member

gorgeous boy you've got there :) i am seriously looking forward to when mine gets that size. and maybe he'll turn out calm and loving like yours too haha

my boy only refused meals when his cage was too dry, otherwise he's been eating every chance i give him. but he's still growing, im sure he'll slow down as he gets older.