This Disappears When Logged In

Nice to Meet You....and I Think I Need Some Help.

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Twigglet, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Twigglet

Twigglet New Member

My boyfriend and I are working on making our geckos', Zoe and Cleo, terrarium more stimulating for them with a second level walkway that will lead to a new hide. (There will be pictures) Right now we have one moist hide, one medium hide on the cooler side and one large hide made out of a shoe box on the warm side of the terrarium and we wanted to give them another larger hide for those times when they just don't want to be in the same hide.

We were planning on just using another box as the new hide but today I got the idea to make a whole new hide out of the extra styrofoam we have. My idea is to make a two level rock-like hide with an overhang to cover the moist hide and I would also like to have a small staircase so not only can they reach the second level for the outside walkway but also inside. It would completely fill the corner where are large hide is currently. We have the items needed since we're making the walkway....styrofoam, grout, acrylic paint, sealant, and we're also using toothpicks, just to make it more stable. We just aren't entirely sure how to go about constructing it.

In the picture of their current terrarium the square around the water dish is where we're going to be putting a jacuzzi style water dish with smooth pebbles around it. And the other areas with paper towels are places we haven't gotten slate tiles for yet. Also put in a few pictures of the walkway, covers, pillars, and staircase we're making for them.

Hopefully what I am asking makes sense and I didn't confuse anyone lol but if I did, I'll be glad to clarify anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you :D

Attached Files:

• 129.jpg
      129.jpg
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
    • 132.jpg
      132.jpg
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
    • 130.jpg
      130.jpg
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
  2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. LilyPad

LilyPad Well-Known Member

That is the coolest site!!

4. Twigglet

Twigglet New Member

Yes, they're leopard geckos. Sorry....I thought I put that in there lol.

I have been to that website, it's actually where I got the idea from. And it was definitely helpful but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any other advice one how to construct it.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Kind of a trial and error! From what I have done so far, make sure that the surface you work on is level!

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member