This Disappears When Logged In

Newest Family Member

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by Dragoness, May 23, 2010.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Not unless someone wins the lottery, lol.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

well, Alistaire finally ate for me today. I am at this point assuming he was previously only fed live. I have had him 2 weeks now, and he has not eaten, and only pooped once, a very tiny little bit. My offers of thawed and heater rats were spurned with hisses and defensive strikes, but a live mouse was eaten with much gusto.

I'll start converting him - I'm just glad he's eating. After what it took to convert our male BP, I have a hard time imagining this guy will be difficult.

I had good luck with converting my BRB by feeding her a live mouse (smaller than her usual size), then as she was swallowing, poking the nose of a thawed one in to follow. She just kept swallowing. After that, she has not had any problems. This JCP could easily take a small rat, but if he's getting live for the time being, I'm sticking with smaller food items to decrease the risk of injury, and increase his appetite.

4. Sunobius

Sunobius Well-Known Member

One thing that helps Nibbler get in the mood of eating is to let him eat from a perch. As soon as he sees his food below him, he hunts it down in no time and goes to work post haste.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'll have to give it a try - my little guy is still in QT though, and there are no suitable perches in there. It would require handling, and he's still a bit skittish. We'll see - he is very curious about the world outside his bin, so maybe if I let him climb up himself, it won't be so traumatizing. Thanks for the idea.

6. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Congrats on the new addition. like you say at least he is eating. :)