This Disappears When Logged In

New Zoomed Fogger

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by kriminaal, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I don`t really want to advertise for Zoomed. Since they seem to be a company of great ideas but produce poor quality products out of them.

Anyway I`m interested to know if anyone has use the new fogging system they have. Called the Repti-fogger.
    As well as the Hygro Therm that is used with it.
    Here`s the link. Search Results: Products

Seems like another great idea from them. Just not sure how well it actually works. Or if it sounds like a chainsaw when running.;)

2. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I saw that not to long ago in the reptile mag. I was wondering the same thing Mike. Who wants to be the guinea pig and get it. lol Liz?

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

No, I won't be the guinea pig. I have heard nothing good about foggers, and like heat rocks, often malfunction after a while, only they cause electrocution.

4. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Well, dang. lol

5. kriminaal

I haven't seen in any stores yet around me. So I have no idea what they would cost.
    I would probably go for the humidity/thermo gauge though first. I would have more use for that.
    Depending on what the fogger costs I might see if there's one at the next show. That's in a few weeks.

6. untsmurf

untsmurf Elite Member

I've heard about the electrocution risk as well. I wouldn't risk it.

7. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

They had this set up at the MARS show today. It looked pretty nice. They showed it with a closed all glass tank and an all glass tank with the door open. The tank with the door closed was so full of clouds you couldn't see in. But, even the one with the door open still had a fair amount of humidity in there.

8. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

I'm not too fond of the mini foggers. About the only way they work is in a waterfall that supports a mini fogger. The outside of the tank foggers are much safer. I would recommend the Superfog they cost a bit more but are safer and have a larger water tank without taking room in the tank.

9. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

This one doesn't actually sit in the tank. It sits outside and they had a hose going from the system to the tank and pumping it into the top of the tank. So, no need for a waterfall, and since it is outside the tank, no need for extra room and no risk of electrocution. Liz saw it today too and thought it looked pretty cool. We both just agreed that we didn't have any need for something to produce that much humidity.

10. kriminaal

Reptile supply has it for 49.99
    I'd just like to see how it's put together to get my own ideas.

11. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

OK, so I saw this in person and I might actually recommend it. Totally separate and if you feed it from the top it gently mists down and it has controls for how much is output.

12. betterzack

betterzack Active Member

I have the repti-fogger it's good. It's adjustable too. I have it hooked to my thirty gallon tree frog tank.

13. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Even if the humidity is extensive, more than most of us would need. You could just set it up on a timer. I might look into something similar for my dragon, just cause her cage is so big - it'll take a bit of work to keep her moist.

There is a company called Misty Mate that makes decent misters - I use them for my boas. Only downside is that you have to do it all yourself, fill pump, turn on a little valve. I just hang mine on tank side, and run the hose through one of the vents holes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.