This Disappears When Logged In

New Viv!

Discussion in 'Poison Dart Frogs' started by sp1jp, Apr 13, 2014.

1. sp1jp

sp1jp Member

Hey guys, Just set up a new viv with an Exo terra a friend gave me for free. Went to an expo today and spent under 100 bucks. Was thinking of putting a few BumbleBees Or a pair of Azorius babies in it.

1966320_10151979427667064_5778150583141969929_o.jpg

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice set up. I love dart frogs! Look forward to see what you put in it

3. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Great looking setup. It should do well as a grow out enclosure for most species.

4. sp1jp

sp1jp Member

Thank's guys! It's only a 12x12x18 So only froglings for now. Saw some at the expo but were a tad to expensive. 90 bucks for an azureus baby... It's my first time using live moss.. I just soaked it in the sink under running water and dried it out a bit. Hope that's all I need to do to get it going again.

5. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

That's a pretty nice set up you have, What size is it? You need about 5 gallons per frog

6. sp1jp

sp1jp Member

I'm not sure how many gallons. Its a 12x12x18 Exo terra. I was almost thinking a little dwarf day gecko could go in it instead of some darts.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Gallon capacity is figured:
    LxWxH/231
    so your Exo terra is 11.22 gallons

8. sydneygrace

sydneygrace Member

Really nice little viv! Looking forward to seeing the plants grow out a bit as well as future inhabitants. :) Good job!

9. aeral

aeral Elite Member

Looks like a splendid little setup. :)

10. Leolover14

Leolover14 Member

Wow thats a beautiful tank! What plants did you use in the vivarium? They look amazing!

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The original poster hasn't been back since May but I can help. The yellow and green plant is a croton, the one behind it is a dieffenbachia and the taller multi leaved one is a schefflera . I believe that the moss is s Selaginella. I am not sure on the smaller leaves in the background.

12. Leolover14

Leolover14 Member

great! thank you for the info!