This Disappears When Logged In

New viv construction!!

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by autograf323, May 24, 2010.

1. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Ok took some extra pictures will try tonight if not tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback the dragons love it . Putting in the humidifiers tomorrow to bring the humidity up so it's perfect. Oh and as for the grout I sealed it with the polycrylic about four coats and the water fall is sealed with aquarium silicone tons of it as for the pond it's a pond liner.

2. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Ok got some more pictures for you..[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

I am going to do the trim work and frame the room around the enclosures. I also have to include the humidifiers in the enclosures.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

It`s a real credit to you, well done, they will be truly living a life of luxury!

5. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

I need a little help I put the cool mist humidifier in the tank and it only brings the humidity up to 75 but my ? Is should I have used a different humidifier I sprayed the enclosure and it is holding at 95. The gauges are near the bottom of the enclosures so not sure what the top of the enclosures humidity is at. What do you think?

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Where does the pipe from the humidifier enter the enclosure, top, bottom, midway? If the hygometer is at the bottom, that will give a different reading compared to half way up, but 75% is o.k, it can go a little higher, and it will always vary throughout the different levels of the tank, anyway.

7. Jetbo

Jetbo Active Member

Very nice setup! I wish I was so crafty and had the space! As for your humidity being at 75% is that with the waterfall on and the pool full?

8. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Yeah the pool is always full and the water fall is always running the humidifier is at the bottom of the tank and the readingis fom the bottom should I try to get more readings from different places in the tank. Hey can we put videos on this web site?

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes just upload them in the herp videos section. The link is at the top of the page.

10. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Yes, try getting readings from different levels, is it possible to place the pipe (I`m assuming you have a length of pipe from the top of the humidifier), higher up so the mist falls down rather than along the floor, as the pool will help with the humidity at floor level? (I hope that`s clear)! Can you take a photo of the humidifier in it`s current position?

11. Rogue3

Rogue3 New Member

Those look great! What type of lighting do you use? I only see the one 'dangling' light.

Also, I'm in the process right now of building an Iguana enclosure and am trying to decide on the background. I was going to use the foam insulation and paint over it with textured paint then seal it, but the grout looks pretty good. How easy is it to apply? What type do you use? I've never worked with grout. Do you buy it in the bucket?

I'll start a thread soon on my enclosure to get more tips.

More pics please!

12. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

In one cage I have a 75W UVB bulb thats the one you see hanging but next to that one I have a 150W red light and on the lower side I have a 75W turtle heat bulb so when I'm spraying the tank it can get wet a little.

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You might want to double check on that. I don't beleive they make a 75 watt UVB bulb.