This Disappears When Logged In

New viv construction!!

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by autograf323, May 24, 2010.

1. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

when the pond is filled up, what will the height from the ground to the water level be?

i ask because not too long ago i hooked up a rena xp1 into my wds enclosure and these filter require certain distances from the top of the filter to the waters surface.

i am not 100% sure but im pretty sure my filter manual said 24". well that was not doable, and i have it at about 14" and i have to preime the lines every so often or else i will lose its prime.

i think a pond filter is what you will need if you want to run the waterfalls from it.

if you can get the fluval to run i would use it for filtering the water only, and get a fountain pump from home depot or lowes and use it to run the waterfall.

i also use a fountain pump for the misting system for my wd and it works rather well.

2. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

I guess it's triel and error I will post some pics today.

3. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Her are some pics of what i'm up to know let me know what you think [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

It just amazing the work you have done with this project. It's going to be gorgeous when finished. Wow, I'm speechless, you should do this for a living! No, you can't put a price this type of rewarding work. Can't wait to see the final product.

5. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Thank you I'm glad you like it I tested out the grout on the waterfall and I think it looks fantastic can't wait to show you guys and girls let me know if you see something I can perfect.

6. mld

Ok, this is a weird question, don't laugh! On the second picture is look alot like a New York Yankee Logo!!!;)

7. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Yeah for each enclosure it's for a separate dragon and they are my girls pets so they got to pick a something that makes it custom my oldest picked the Yankees symbal and my little one picked girraffe.

8. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Here are some pictures of the two coats of grout.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you guys and girls see anything that needs work please let me know.

9. AnolesJTO

AnolesJTO Elite Member

Nice Girraffe .. I like the yankee's symbol you made but hate the team .. :) .. In that first set of pictures you can see the Yankee's symbol when I first looked at them I was like "Why is he showing us pictures of his shower .. ?" Lol ! :D:confused::">

But anyway .. Nice enclosures .. "The Spoiled Water Dragons" !!!

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! It does resemble a shower stall!

11. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

12. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

This is a picture after all the sealer and wood. All of it is sealed next is lights and greens. Then I'll add the water and test all that stuff so I I'll keep you posted.

13. mld

Can't wait, it's like Christmas!:)

14. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

[​IMG]

This is almost donr just some finishing touches!!!!

15. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Looking just great!

16. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Wanted to upload more pictures but I don't see the option to uplaod more photo's. Does anyone know why it would not have the option to upload more pictures?

17. mld

Gee, I don't know! Is there a limit? Try opening it up in another new album!!
    Hope it works, your leaving me is suspense:(
    Great job so far:D

18. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

What did you cover the foam with to protect it? My CWD climbs the walls when hes chasing crickets haha. The grout has protected it well, but makes it weight a ton and gets spendy when your working with large projects like this.

Also how did you seal the water areas?

Amazing setup. I thought my CWD was spoiled in his custom home. But that thing is HUGE. haha

19. missa6849

missa6849 Guest

Only if you get cought ;)

20. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The enclosure looks great so far. Try to grab a few good 'whole" shots that show the entire thing at once.

You should be able to add more images now. I increased everyones count for images to 250. lol If it still doesn't work, PM me.