This Disappears When Logged In

New viv construction!!

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by autograf323, May 24, 2010.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Whatever is used to seal pools would work. A poly may actually work if several coats were applied.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

West system's marine epoxy. It dries non-toxic and is used on boats so its totally water proof.

3. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Ok here we go did a little work on the vivs and was able to seperate the tanks and start on the pond forms and base Well I'm trying to take my time and do it right those openings on the bottom are going to have access for my piping and all the goodies you can see in the viv but not the wiring. I will post more as soon as I get a litle more done.

[​IMG]

4. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

5. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

This is going to be the best one yet! Keep up the good work, it looks great.

7. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Does anyone know where I can get singlr led lights to light the pond up?

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Do you mean to shine light on the pond itself or to put in the water to light it from beneath?

9. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

I would be open to seeing both I am looking for ideas.

10. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Hey I was going to polyurithan to seal the wood before putting the insalation board does it have to be water based it will have enough time to air out the dragons won't be in them for a couple of weeks.

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I prefer the water based poly. The oil based will take much longer to cure out.

12. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

It is turning out very nice so far. Lots of hard work put in it.

13. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Here are some pictures of the front on and it getting it's first coat of poly.
    [​IMG]

14. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Search Results for led

Some of those are ready-to-use underwater LED lights. Single LEDs you might have to assemble yourself....

16. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Well just an update I have finally finished the poly on the wood and just put the pond liner in the pond areas. I am starting the foam board today and will try to take pictures but it says I only have 9 pictures left does anyone know what i can do?

17. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

i have a question about the fluval filter you think that will have enough power to supply water to both ponds? I was thinking of using the filter to push the water out thru water falls in each tank do you think it will work?

18. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Do you mean Pictures on your info page under pictures and albums, I think that you can just add another album and call it the finishe project or something. I have lots of photos on my home page.

19. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

Thanks I will try it I'm stuck trying to figure out if i need extra pumps to push this water throught the two enclosures......

20. autograf323

autograf323 Elite Member

I also wanted to know if I get a 36" mega ray bulb can I use any housing?