This Disappears When Logged In

New Turtle Setup.

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Darkbird, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Finally got a larger setup for my aquatics a few days ago, and moved everyone outside at the same time. Bunch of happy turtles now. Tub is a 300 gallon stock tank from the local feed mill. Not too thrilled about the color, but it was relatively cheap. A little under $230. Gonna be a job to get it in the basement come fall though. 20160627_184542.jpg

UJRA likes this.
  2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Well-Known Member

That is an awesome turtle enclosure! Love it!

Maybe during the winter they won't mind having a little bit of a smaller one. : )

3. Ian-V

Ian-V Well-Known Member

Neat setup!

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice setup! What type of filtration system are you using?

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Simple, I drain some portion of the water out onto my lawn and refill it with the hose. Actually need to do that right now, water looks a bit green, lol. When winter gets here though I'll have to figure something out, the filtration I was using would be inadequate for a tub this large.

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

If you sank that in the ground and added some mud would it work for hibernation?
    Just asking as I've thought of turtle setups but yea putting them in the basement come cold weather is just not going to work.

7. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure I can get it in the basement, it will just be a hassle. And since I'm not breeding any of my turtles, getting them to go down for the winter isn't an issue.