This Disappears When Logged In

New Toys

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by Dragoness, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

One of my gifts this year was something I have been wanting for some time, and kept not getting around to it. My fiancee bought me a microscope for Christmas. I think the best part is the digital imager that plugs into the eyepiece, so I can mouse over the images, instead of getting a 'microscope migraine'. It also allows me to get screenshots (I look forward to sharing). I have already ordered a number of other necessary accessories for me to do my own fecals for my critters - slides, slide covers, test tubes, etc. This will save me a TON of money - with the vet charging $20/ea for fecals. Going to get everything set up today, and play around with the prepared slides that came with it.

2. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

It sounds incredible! I would love to have one, one day. Enjoy it!! :)

3. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

That's super cool!

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Jen, does that mean we can all send you some faecals to check for free??? I`ll pay half the postage costs of course.... :-"

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

someday when I have more money than sense, I'd be glad to do free fecals for you, but you have to remember to send them over very very fresh!

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

In the meantime, the set came with 5 prepared slides, a honeybee head, some intestine, and some plant matter. Making me think of ordering a nice set of prepared slides just because I'm that curious. Here are a few pics of what I have gazed upon so far: They are a Winter Jasmine Leaf cross-section, Honeybee parts, Tilia stem cross section, and intestine cross section. Not sure which species the intestine is from. The slide doesn't specify.

Attached Files:

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Is it weird that we are chatting on facebook about this while I am now posting on HC within the thread also talking about this? lol I may have to snatch one of these up too because you have peeked my interest beyond my normal curiosity. lol

8. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Those images are AMAZING!

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Lizard skin looks awesome under a microscope. Also on beautiful dragons website they sell slides and float test kits as well as a poster of common parasites found in bearded dragons/reptile.