This Disappears When Logged In

New To This Forum, Not New To Reptiles.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by uvreptilenh, Mar 16, 2015.

1. uvreptilenh

uvreptilenh Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Been looking to join a reptile-related forum for a little while now but the last few I've visited had little-to-no traffic, so here I am trying this one out.
    I'm a computer tech by day, but by night, weekends, and pretty much any other free time of day I am a reptile (an animals in general) enthusiast. I've founded a 501(c)3 non-profit reptile rescue organization that I run out of my home in New Hampshire. I'm licensed for possession and exhibition of restricted non-venomous reptiles including crocodilians, monitor lizards, and large constrictor states in both Vermont and New Hampshire.
    Among the creatures I keep as permanent residents, and animal ambassadors are:
    "Dimitri" male argentine tegu
    "Socrates" 40lb male sulcata tortoise
    "Levi" 10' male burmese python
    "Mac" male alligator snapping turtle
    "Chochmo" male american alligator
    "Ursula" 9' female boa constrictor
    "Esperanza" 8' (and mean) argentine boa constrictor
    "Sneakers" crested gecko
    "Carma" vieled chameleon
    Most recently I also received a young nile monitor "Sobek" who I may be incorporating into educational programs as he has a great temperament.
    My non-scaly critters include "Pickle" the hedgehog, "Shredder" the emperor scorpion, "Anansi" the chaco goldenknee tarantula, and "Chica" the blue & yellow macaw. "Normal" animals include 3 cats, a dog, and some chickens.

2. Horrorphile

Horrorphile Active Member

Welcome. That is quite a cool collection you have. I'd love to work with crocodilians in the future!

uvreptilenh likes this.
  3. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Welcome to the forum, amazing collection of reptiles you've got and sadly forums for reptiles are really lacking these days, they used to be really big but traffic wise many are much lower than I remember years ago. It's all about facebook,reddit and social media now.

uvreptilenh likes this.
  4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HerpCenter!

uvreptilenh likes this.
  5. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

Welcome, and I hope that you will find us chatty enough for you.

uvreptilenh likes this.
  6. uvreptilenh

uvreptilenh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be sharing pics & stories of my collection throughout the forum. :)

7. Helios

Helios Elite Member

Awesome collection! welcome!

uvreptilenh likes this.
  8. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Welcome to the forum, even if it's a bit late, lol.

uvreptilenh likes this.