This Disappears When Logged In

New to Retics. n_n

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Juliankyo, May 19, 2013.

1. Juliankyo

Juliankyo Member

Hey guys! I finally made the decision to get my first retic, took a lot of reading, a lot of asking to other retic owners around, watching vids, and pictures to make take the next step. Making sure I can afford to feed and house a snake like this, and the final step, actually buying it.

After checking out a LOT of specimens I took this one. Female Tiger Reticulated Python. I loved absolutely everything about her. She's tame, I've been handling her for periods of at least half hour every day. She is about 6 months old, reaching almost three feet (I havent measured her accurately) and weighing 5.03 lbs (2.3 kilos).

But I have a few questions now that I have it. Somebody told me that it actually looked like a Genetic Stripe, I have been looking at a few pictures of both the Tiger and the Stripe, and they look a like, at least to me. LOL
    Can somebody give me like a specific thing to look for in order to make sure it is one or the other?

The second question is about feeding, how long, or is there a specific thing to wait for when switching from a 7-10 day diet to a longer waiting period in between meals? Weight? Size? Lenght?

Anyways, no more questions and I present to you.... Aphrodite!!! :D

IMG_0259_zps39229753.jpg
    IMG_0249_zps44735888.jpg
    IMG_0243_zps9799a70e.jpg
    IMG_0280_zps815cb86b.jpg
    IMG_0283_zps611b4503.jpg
    IMG_0284_zps12b4e1b6.jpg
    IMG_0293_zps1bf9a547.jpg
    IMG_0299_zpsed6e582b.jpg

2. medusa1974

medusa1974 Well-Known Member

I keep my big burms and retics on a 8-10 day feeding cycle until they are about 12+ feet long. Just keep an eye on there weight/girth and adjust accordingly. As far as the morph of your snake she is a tiger with maybe a stripe morph in her genetics somewhere but she is a tiger. Just remember as far as feeding retics get longer than burms but stay slimmer/sleaker.

3. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

had a retic at the store I worked out. He was always getting outta his cage. Don't know if it was just him but keep an eye out. He would eat absolutely everything he could. we caught him going after salt water fish once.. not good when they are that expensive!! caio May