This Disappears When Logged In

New Tarantulas!! (pictures)

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by alicia123, Dec 18, 2010.

1. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

Today I went to the reptile expo, I went there planning on getting a Mexican red knee Tarantula, but when I was there I was looking at all the other kinds of tarantulas and I decided on something different. I got a very pretty female pink zebra beauty (Eupalastrus campestratus) she is about 4-5ish inches long and very sweet! I also got a Peru purple pink toe (Avicularia urticans) she is also a female and about 4 inches long, very pretty and so sweet.
    Here is some pictures, hope you all like them!! :)

Pink Zebra Beauty

yuh3.jpg

yuh4.jpg

yuh2.jpg

yuh1.jpg

yuh6.jpg

yuh5.jpg

Pink Toe

yuh7.jpg

yuh8.jpg

yuh9.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, very nice looking Tarantulas! I'm really liking the pink zebra beauty, she's gorgeous!

3. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

Thanks! :)

4. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Did you go to the Lonestar Reptile Expo?? I was there today too! I have a nice surprise from that trip as well! :)

5. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

Yeah I did!

6. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

personally not a very big fan of arachnids n such, but i cant help to appriceate the beauty of such a large spider. what type of care is involved with these guys

7. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

They are very easy to care for, the pink zebra beauty (the first pictures) doesn't need a lot of room so about a 5-10 gallon tank is fine for them also they are terrestrial so height wouldn't matter, a few inches a substrate, a hide and a water bowl is about all they need, they do fine at about 75-80 degrees F so room temperature, and 65% humidity. They will eat a few crickets a week, or every few days, and that's about it. The pink toe (one in the second picture) is arboreal so they like to climb so you will need something for them to climb on, and pretty much everything else is the same.

8. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

very cool, thanks