This Disappears When Logged In

New Tank - Ok for a Corn? And Lid Help

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Kuzca, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Kuzca

Kuzca New Member

At a yard sale I found a tank for only $5 and I bought it as Akuma (my corn) is about 16 months old and is ready to move out of her 10 gallon tank.

(I have talked to a reptile expert before I bought her and she said a 10 gallon would be fine for a few years as long as I took Akuma out about every day for exercise).

The problem is that the dimensions are length: 30.5 in, width: 12.5 in, and height: 19 in.

Is this ok for a corn snake? Akuma loves to climb and the new tank has a larger base area than her current tank.

And the tank did not come with a lid and I'm not handy with creating things, so I need to buy a top before I could move Akuma in (I have already cleaned and disinfected the tank).

I am just having issues finding a lid online, and I can't think of any other way of finding a correct sized lid without the tank.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

If I do end up having a problem I will probably just buy a new tank including a lid at the nearest reptile store.

The picture is her from three months ago.

Attached Files:

2. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

It should be ok but I'm not a big fan of glass aquariums and prefer to use a custom wooden box with a glass front but to each their own, but the lid situation you can easily fix buy buying a piece of plywood cut to the dimensions of the aquarium and cut some holes for the lights and drill a couple extra breather holes or you can do the same with a piece of plexiglass but be careful with the lights as i would be afraid of it warping or melting...

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

It's a 29 gallon that should help with finding a lid(my local Petsmart sells them for $15). That will be perfect for life for your corn. I keep one of my corns in a 20 gallon, I switched her to the cocofiber and keep it moist to help her shed.