This Disappears When Logged In

New splendida

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by kriminaal, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I picked up a desert king at a show Sunday.I got some pinkies for him but they look so huge compared to him.Can hatchlings handle food more than their girth size?

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Im gonna have to say yes. For one I cant think of anything smaller than a pinky that you could feed him.

3. kriminaal

I used to have a boa.But it wasn't this small.Would it be a good idea to cut it up?

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

How much larger is the pinkie than the snake's girth? Although snakes can handle food that's sometimes doubled their girth or larger, its not as good for them as feeding smaller prey. Plus I don't think a baby could handle somethig that extreme anyway. For a baby king you'll need to find newborn pinkies, which is about the smallest thing you're gonna find. If you feel you need to, you could cut it up I guess. Eeewwww. How big is your king anyway?

5. kriminaal

Only about half an inch thick.I think I'll have to try and find some smaller pinkies.I really don't want to take the risk he's so young.

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, if your pinkies were too big they were probably too close to becoming fuzzies. Smaller pinkies will definately work, no chopping up necessary ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.