This Disappears When Logged In

New Snake Ideas?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by damein1234, Apr 4, 2015.

1. damein1234

damein1234 Member

I have a good chunk of snake and lizard experience, but I'm having a difficult time with this.

I have a cage, custom built that's:
    36x36x24

It housed my Mountain horned dragon for a VERY long time. He has passed and I would like to put something else in the cage.

I am familiar with many of the more common snakes (balls, corns, bulls ect) Ive worked with them all. But is there any that would really do great in a cage like this?

I am really looking for something more display, more uncommon. A snake that you don't see very often.

Is there any snake that would do well in a 36 tall, 36 long, 24 wide?

Please don't be hesitant to suggest the more advanced species. This is not something I will be getting tomorrow! I am really just looking for ideas :)

2. damein1234

damein1234 Member

I would also be interested in any lizard suggestions. I have experience with tokays, flying geckos, uros, beardies, mountain horned dragons, leopard geckos, savannah monitors, and fat tails. I am very comfortable working with any and all.

3. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

A carpet python or some type of arboreal snake would work in that size enclosure with a radiant heat panel at the top. Green tree pythons or Amazon tree boas make good display animals, not so much for handling though. If you prefer colubrids a vine snake or similar species would work. They're typically anole eaters, great if you're far enough South to collect them yourself.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

that sounds like a suitable setup for a good variety of arboreal reptiles! You could also get into small populations of tree frogs or dart frogs with something that sized, if you cared to consider amphibians.