This Disappears When Logged In

New Rose Hair Turantuala. First Time Owner!

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by ReptileCutie, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ReptileCutie

ReptileCutie Well-Known Member

Okay! Super excited. I went this Friday and bought a female Chilean rose hair turantuala. I brought her home, she was in a travel case(the ones they keep hermit grabs in) just a really big one. In some kind of pine or aspen bedding. I immediately cleaned out one of my spare tanks. It's about 2ft long on the front, and a foot tall and wide. A big upgrade from her previous housing. It has a screen top. I filled it with about 2-3 inches of soil, placed in her dish with this meshy stuff that held water I bought from the store with her. I also have a wooden hide and an artificial plant. She has began to web in one corner, she had no webbing in the previous cage. That seems like a good sign to me. I threw in 3 crickets and she ate them. Now I have placed 1 small dubia and 2 more crickets in. The meaning of this forum is to make sure I am taking proper care of her. If there is anything i am handling wrong. If there are some things I can add, anything to better my knowledge of handling her.

The shop clerk said she had not been handled much. I have held her twice, one to move into larger cage and once today. Not going to handle her very often do not want to stress her. I did also use a glove to better insure myself. She showed no signs of aggression. I bought her from the same place I got my savannah monitor.
    Also, what temperature and humidity levels???!

image.jpg

Attached Files: