This Disappears When Logged In

New Rescue

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Rob, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Rob

Rob Elite Member

I got a albino burm out of a 20g tank and told them they could keep the tank. She is ~4ft long and they told me 3yrs old. that leaves 3 options 1. they don't know how old she is 2. she is badly under fed
    3. i got a super dwarf albino burm. My bet is a combo of 1 and 2. she is a little on the skinny side but not super bad. I really hope she is not permanently damaged due to the under feeding. any advice to a new burm owner (i do have lots of handling experience with large burms even mean ones). The setup right now is a 6x3x2 enclosure is 83 cool side 89 hot side 92 basking spot 60% humidity.

ps pictures to come i know how you guys love them

I also have a 8x2x2 enclosure but the 6x3x2 has more floor space so i went with that one. Unless someone thinks i should go with the 8x2x2.

2. Rob

Rob Elite Member

Well i found out it is actually a male thats good news i dont have to build a bigger enclosure.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Poor guy, glad he found a new home.A 20 gal, my baby bearded dragons tank is bigger than that. These reptiles deserve to have a life that is as grand as they are proper housing, food and respect. Good luck with your new rescue, looks forward to seeing him. Job well done.

4. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Ugh, a 20 gallon is horrible for that snake! Glad he is in your hands now. I'm not sure if the snake will be stunted or not, but it'll be much healthier now anyways and that is more important than size. Good luck!

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

It is quite possible he may be stunted. I got 2 Burms from a guy in Florida about 4 or so years ago. The male was 10 feet long and 25 lbs, the female was 6.5 feet long and 12 lbs. They were BOTHin the same 50 gallon tank! The male is now 12+ feet and 85 lbs and the female is 8+ feet and weighs about 30 lbs. I don't thonk she will get any bigger, but if she does I won't complain. My point is, if it is stunted, that is sad, but it will still be a great snake.

6. okiron

okiron Elite Member

How in the world did they fit? :confused::eek:

7. Rob

Rob Elite Member

It is terrible what these people do to these animals.

8. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Its is terrible how some people house their reptiles, we are just very thankfull to good people like you Rob that rescue them from the punishment they do not deserve for one moment! Please do post pics.

9. Rob

Rob Elite Member

Pics are coming as soon as he gets settled in and i can take him out.

10. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm glad you rescued him!

I can't wait to see pics of him and his new larger home!! :D