This Disappears When Logged In

New Rescue

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by missabrat, Mar 20, 2010.

1. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Hi all, just thought I would share the new rescue we went out to get tonight, my friend got a call from the DEC and asked us to come in and confiscate a 14ft burmese python, he/she seems to have a great temperment, was housed in a too small enclosure, with a too small waterdish and a heat rock in a damp basement.We brought her home and put her in a rubbermaid tub with lid (in the bathtub) for a soak as she seems a bit dehydrated, but she decided to pop out of the container and have a look around LOL

Attached Files:

2. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks for sharing the pic and letting us know what occurred......while it is depressing to think about the fact that the people before didn't take good care of it,...it always makes my heart joyful knowing there are kind people willing to open their homes to such animals....(because in all honesty, the thought of a snake that size in my own home makes me go :eek:....lol)...again... Bless you for opening your home to such a large snake:)

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Whoa! What an amazingly beautiful snake!!!!! I wish I had room, I'd gladly take that one off of your hands. Just take LOTS of pictures so I can see more of that one. I just don't believe how some people can just treat a beautiful snake like that so terribly. So glad you were there to get it out of the original home.

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

she is a very friendly girl, a respitory infection, and mites, but otherwise very easily handled, although she wasn't too happy about being bagged LOL, the DEC officers were too funny, all big guys, wouldn't go into the house until the women got there to handle the snake LOL she won't be staying with me, as I couldn't handle such a big girl, she will be living at the rescue and become a part of the animal ambassador team

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I completely agree with David and the other members, well done to you and the team for the rescue, good luck!
    And by the way David, talking of photos........ ( Even bigger sigh).......

6. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Haha! So like men to be afraid of a sweet snake. Just kidding, boys!
    She is gorgeous. And clearly she has a personality!

7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Well I hope she is duly grateful to you!

Now apart from being totally gorgeous (what a looker!) she is totally lucky as well!

Good for you.

8. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

That is just an amazing snake. What a lucky girl.

9. Orca

Orca Elite Member

She is very beautiful. So the rescue center is going to keep this one and not try to re-home her?

10. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

yes, they are illegal in NY state, the rescue can keep her because she will be used as an edcational animal ambassador. One of our main reasons of bringing her out, she may start out a cute adorable 12 inch snake, but look what she is to become.

11. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Yup, they are illegal in Maine too. That is a good idea to use her as an ambassador as she seems mellow enough to be okay with it. Glad she is going to have the good life now :)

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

She is one beautiful snake. I hope you are able to clear up her RI and mites with no hitches. She'll be a great example for those considering getting a Burm when they are cute 12 inch babies, and a good reminder!

More often than not, said people think they are taking fine care of the animal.

13. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

updated pics, Roji joined us for a weekend of kids, fun and some sun
    Roji at rest measures 13 feet and weighs 70 lbs. He is a bit cage territorial, but once he is out he is a very nice, accepting guy!

Attached Files:

• 147.jpg
      147.jpg
      File size:
      18.5 KB
      Views:
    • 138.jpg
      138.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:
  14. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

So awesome!!!

15. hennisntacanibal

Really amazing. I've never seen a burmese up close, but I've always always loved them!

16. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

What a great ending for him! He really is much better off. My hat is off to you Missabrat!

17. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Beautiful, and sooo good to see the kids getting "up close and personal"!

18. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That is one beautiful snake, I still can't get over the size, :eek: Its nice to see that she now has a great home and a job that pays for her room and board. hehe I wish her lots of luck and happy times.

19. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Amazing ending for that beautiful snake!! I can't imagine a 70lb snake... heck I don't even quite weigh 100lbs myself :eek:

20. hennisntacanibal

I wish I could say the same thing... however I think I must have at least seven or eight inches on you ;)