This Disappears When Logged In

New Red close ups

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by steel rip, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Heres some pics of Red, he sure does look hansome, hope you like them :D sorry about the size, i resized them but they are still big :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

He looks great. And there is no such thing as a pic that is too big. lol

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

He looks like mine except mine (no name yet) has thinner black lines around the saddles.
    Is there a reason why you call him Red? As in Blood Red Corm perhaps? ;) Does he have an orange belly like mine does?
    He's an awesome looking snake :)

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Yep, he has an orange belly, the name was chosen by other members when we where all over on RF, as when he was so little he looked more red than orange, but hes going more and more orange now apart from his red saddles :) I dont know what kind of corn he is, some say okeetee and some say normal so I dunno, :confused:

5. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

He's definately an oaketee Donna, no doubt. And a pretty boy at that! Nice pics :)

*Edit* Joe is adament that I inform you that an oaketee is a normal corn,. it simply refers to the definate black lines around the markings.. I still say oaketee.. :p

6. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I was wondering, he has the right markings for an oketee and it does say they are a normal in my corn snake manual, so why do they have normal corns and okeetee, it gets confusing, as chester is totally different again and he is supposed to be a normal, hmmmmmm, they both have the checkerboard pattern on their bellys tho.

7. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Can you post pics of Chester and Red together so we can see the difference? As Joe said, the oaketee means the black lines around the markings.. there are so many phases of corn snake! Many are just given fancy names just to make them sound more appealing i'm sure! :D
    For example, there is the snow, and then variations of the snow, such as "bubblegum snow" and "green spot snow", and "blizzards".. the list is endless! Then there is the anery type A and anery type B.. the only visual difference is that type A has yellow by its face. Anery type B is also known as charcoal. Both come from different bloodlines but are so similar in appearance...

Ah how confusing! :p

8. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Chester lacks the black round his saddles, they are mostly white, heres a pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

With those new pics (the first were small) he is without a doubt an Oakeetee

10. venus

venus Founding Member

WOW, that is really beautiful..*Adding to my list* of wants. :p

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Most wild types have the back banding around the saddles. The okeetees generally have a cleaner brighter orange to the background color while some of the other normal variants have a brownish wash to the orange. Red could be okeetee.
    And Joe is correct. Okeetee is a reference to the Okeetee hunting club where a particularly beautiful looking type corn was first collected.
    This is Lefty my normal. With his color pattern he could very well pass as okeetee.

Attached Files:

12. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Yep, the okeetees to me seem more bright orange with a really dark border round the saddles, red has the dark borders, and he is orange but a darker orangy lol

13. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

BTW, Lefty is gorgeous :D and he looks okeetee to me from the pics in my corn snake manual :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.