This Disappears When Logged In

New Rat Snake on the Way!!

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by Bitis Gabonica, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

We are just too excited not to share this !! :D
    We're not due to get him until November/December, but we just received some pics from the breeder, and I wanted to share.

Have you ever seen such an unusual and stunning rat snake?!?? :D
    The two bottom pics are of the babies, the top left is the mother, and the top right the father, showing how the cute little corn-like babies will look when they grow up! These stunners are Royal Diadem or Egyptian Rat Snakes. Unfortunately there are only young males left, so we will hopefully get a female friend for our little guy some time next year. Roll on Nov/Dec!! :p

Attached Files:

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Awwwww Rachel they are adorable !!!!!!

3. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

Ummm..... lol... are you sure those aren't little hognoses? They look amazingly similar.

4. Bitis Gabonica

Lol they do don't they - I think the babies look like a mixture of a corn snake and a western hognose!! :p

The adults are amazing though, they look like no snake I've ever seen before, hopefully our beauty will be as stunning when it's older.

Thanks Ken :)

5. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

Congratulations on your soontobe rat snakes! I just had two delivered to my door yesterday morning. Good luck!

6. Bitis Gabonica

Thank you! Congratulations on your newbies! - what kind of rats are they? Pics???? :D

7. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

E. climacophora - Japanese rat snake
    E. bairdi - Mexican Baird's rat snake

No pictures yet. But soon!

8. Bitis Gabonica

Oh wow, can't wait!! Joe in particularly is becoming really fascinated by the various species of rat snakes there are out there, and I have to admit they are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your photos, pics of ours as soon as he arrives! :D

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

WHOOHOOOOOOOO Another new set of babies on the way!!!
    What kind of Rat Snake did they say they are Bitis?
    Very unusual adult colors!
    I'm jealous (again) :p lol

10. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Very nice Rachel. :)

11. Bitis Gabonica

They are Royal Diadems, also known as Egyptian Rat Snakes. Not much about them around on the net, but they are beautiful snakes. :)

12. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

You always end up with the stuff you can't research very much! LOL
    Ask the breeder for more pics! ;) lol

13. Bitis Gabonica

LOL aint that the truth! I will be writing a care sheet on these guys when we have had some experience with him, as there really isn't much about!

More pics.. hmmm.. OK! :D The breeder has actually posted some more pics for us on the UK site where we go. I will save them to my comp tomorrow and post them on here,, tickle your taste buds even more!! :p

14. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I love a snake tease! LOL :p

15. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

their beutiful ,congrats on the new babys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.