This Disappears When Logged In

New rack

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Bitis Gabonica, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Joe just spent ages making a rack to put some of our snakes into - I think he's done a great job! And it makes it much easier to get the snakes out, clean, change waters, feed, etc, rather than the boxes stacked on top of each other the way they were before. :D - in the rack, in the boxes the snakes kept are (top to bottom) - Henry our cali king, Frankie & Nancy our BRBs, Huey Haydes and Snowball our three adult female corns, Timone and Gramps our two adult male corns, Taz our male royal, Tigger our male royal, Zeus our female common boa, and Athena our blood python.

There are also a couple of pics of some of our other tanks,. we had to rearrange all the tanks from upstairs and downstairs to get the rack in where we wanted it. Boy was i tired! :p There are now no lizards in the "snake room" upstairs, all are downstairs so they have our wonderful company all day :p and there are now only 4 snakes downstairs. Only thing is... everyone looking through front window can now only see a bright blue-ish sheen from all the UV tubes and bulbs :p

Now, we just need to win the lottery so we can replace all our tanks with boaphile vivs! :D (i.e.very stylish, all the same, perfect, attractive..).. we could also do with a bigger house so we can have one huge herp room, then maybe some of our relatives will come visit us :p

Attached Files:

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Looks good!!!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice job!

Ummmmmm Rach,....want to loan Joe out for a while? ;)

Just hope you don't get a visit from the local constable thinking you may be growing something other than reptiles in there! :D

LOL! There are some of mine that wouldn't come over if the snakes were in armor plated vaults with kevlar windows! They just KNOW that there is a snake loose somewhere waiting to GET THEM! :eek:

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Way to go Joe !! looks great

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Looks awesome Rach and Joe.

6. Bitis Gabonica

Well my dear, you make me an offer i can't refuse and I will lend you Joe! Don't get him back too late though as he has to make dinner :p

Hmmm didn't think of that.. oh well if they're anything like some of our relatives they won't come in to investigate! :D

7. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Great job Rachel and Joe, thats sooo cool, I want a rack now, to house more snakeys lol, brill job, bet it has give you more room to get more herps too :D

8. Bitis Gabonica

You know, you'd think it would have freed up some space for more herps, but really it was just overcrowded before!! :p
    Although we will always be able to find more space for more herps! :D

9. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Cheers for all the compliments guys!!! :)

It does make daily task such as cleaning and changing water so much easier :)

10. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Looks great! What are you using to heat the containers? Flex-watt?

11. Bitis Gabonica

We are using heat cable to heat up the boxes - under the top four there is a single strip of heat cable, to keep the warmest spot at 85f, and under the bottom four boxes there are two strips to increase the hot spots. The cable is attached to a thermostat, which is set at the lowest temp needed. :)

12. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

That is quite a nice setup. Now you just need a way to mount cages on the ceiling so you can cram in a few more. I wish I had a house, instead of a dinky little apartment. *jealous*

13. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Very nicely done. Good job Rach and Joe. :)

14. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Hey Merlin?? When you're done with Joe...can ya send him this way??
    Bitis-
    I'm a good cook ya know...but I'll let Joe make us supper too :p

Good job both of you:)

Jem

15. T-rex

T-rex Elite Member

awesome! i like it alot! :D

16. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Get job, a snake rake is the first thing on the list for the school kids to make, when we go back in a couple of weeks. Are the shelves nailed or screwed in place or are the adjustable?

17. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Never quite good enough HUH :D

The rack looks really nice guys. You might want to invite the neighbors over for a "It's not a grow house" party. We had to recently becuase our fishtanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.