This Disappears When Logged In

New Picture and a Question....

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by smallgrayfox, Jun 25, 2011.

1. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Not the world's best picture, but you can see how interested Macha is in her food...finally! :) She'd already eaten the raspberry bits off the top and was chowing down on the spaghetti squash. At one point when I peeked in on her, she had collards hanging out of her mouth so that she looked like a swamp dragon! lol Now the question is, how many superworms should she get in her salad each night? We've been doing three, but is that enough? How many is too much?

Oh, so you can tell how big she's gotten, the plate she's eating from is 7 and 1/4 inches in diameter. She's grown so much since we got her! And I'm so happy with the way she stands tall on her legs now. The first few weeks we had her, she stayed very low when moving around...kind of dragging in the middle. She's so strong now :D

DSCF3940-1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Isn't she pretty! Love it.

3. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

I'm not sure what to tell you about the mealworms My lily doesn't like them she much prefers crickets, but I give her about 10-15 gut loaded crickets every other night if that helps you any. Shes also 1.5 years old and 16". If she is still a juvenile her diet should be anywhere from 20%greens/80% animal protein to 50%/50% as adults they get the opposite 80% greens and 20% animal protein.

4. monkeytechahoo

monkeytechahoo Elite Member

When we first got Boga, he was 5mths old and we'd give him as many supers as he would eat. Then we switched to silk & hornworms and fed until he left them alone and we'd take them out of the cage. We did offer his salad first and wait about 15mins before offering worms. It's a little hard to say just how many to feed a beardie because each are different.

Forgot to say, she's a cutie.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, I can't get over how Macha has changed! She looks great, I'm so glad that she is now loving her greens, those bright raspberries really help to get their attention.

As for feeder insects, I usually give mine about 3 superworms, or 3 Dubias, or 20 mealworms.

6. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Thanks so much, guys! It's good to know I've been giving her the right amount of supers with her salads. :D (She's not a juvenile...she's a little more than two years old)