This Disappears When Logged In

New Pickup!! Pictures of Course!

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Katsura, May 11, 2013.

1. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Hey guys!

Soo a couple of you might know that I went to my first expo today... it was smaller than I expected, but still tons of fun!

Well, we were walking around and admiring things, when we happened upon a table that had a TON of corn snakes... And well I've been after a butter and a candy cane for a couple months now, and they had a butter motley there. So I pointed him out to Nathan, and he asked the vendor if we could hold him. He said of course and pulled him out for us... I took him from Nathan and had been holding him for maybe a minute when Nathan pulled his wallet out and handed the vendor the money for him.

It was funny because the vendor just looked at Nathan all confused like for a moment before taking the money and saying, "well that was an easy sale!"

I was sooooo giddy with excitement. So yes! I am now the proud owner of a butter motley corn snake. He is a male, about 9 months old, and from vms herps. He is SUCH a peach. Seriously, for a little baby he just has the sweetest temperament. Doesn't mind his head being pet or touched at all, made no attempt at biting even after being in a car for a couple hours!!

I wanted to name him Tea Cake, but Nathan didn't like it... So while we were thinking of names he just started calling him "Jak", so that's what we decided to name him.

He's the smallest snake we have (after Drake, you know uh, hmm), as well as the FIRST certified male in our collection, AS WELL AS our first colubrid. I know I kinda wrote a lengthy story about him but gosh I'm soooooo stoked about this :D

I have him set up in a tub on a shelf in my room. I love his white belly. It's super smooth and pure, and I really like it a lot because I guess corn snakes are supposed to have checkered bellies.

Nathan was giving me a bunch of crap about it, like "I can't believe I just bought another snake!" and stuff like that, but I knew he had planned on bringing SOMETHING home because as we were looking around trying to find our friend to show off our newest addition, he told me, "well if you didn't pick out a corn snake, I was gonna get you a crested gecko..." (they had tons of balls, corns, and cresties. Cresteds, by the way, are the cutest things EVER especially when they're babies..)

He tries to act like he's exasperated with me and my snakes but I know he loves them xD he was getting mad at me cause I was hogging Jak all to myself and wouldn't let him hold him... "I don't know why I paid for a snake I can't hold!" hahaha

They had a carpet python there for $90, Nathan couldn't believe it.. And they had axolotls (which I've never seen in person), and I even saw a d'alberts, a dumerils, and a spotted python! And hedgehogs and falcons and owls!! It was crazy! I'm soooo glad I didn't go with more money, or I'd have taken a lot more home haha xD

It certainly is different having a little tiny baby snake after my big ol boa and my big ol pythons!!

eee!! Okay I'll be quiet now :3

921061_565470760160442_1101742098_o_zps02ecbb18.jpg

964520_565470666827118_350214184_o_zpsb0065d8b.jpg

921534_565470610160457_831154257_o_zps85005e96.jpg

919593_565470566827128_1475224158_o_zpsb603d674.jpg

913893_565470700160448_46922213_o_zpsb63216e9.jpg

922210_565470733493778_1296319646_o_zpsa47de7cd.jpg

913630_565470793493772_1148326773_o_zps6b09aecb.jpg

:D

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  2. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

Amazing! Hope you had fun! Always wanted a corn snake, but can't, due to being the only one with anything positive to say about snakes. He's beautiful. Good luck!

3. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Aww thank you so much!! :D I'm really sorry you can't have snakes, that sucks :c

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on the new baby! I thought you said you were only going to go look hmmmm..... :-"

5. Majora

Majora Elite Member

He is so cute! I love corns. They are cute as babies but honestly I think they get even cuter as they get bigger.

6. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Funny thing is when I checked on him at midnight (basically just peeked inside his cage, without disturbing him) last night I noticed something weird in his cage, so I pulled it open and there was a great long ol shed in there! So he's actually even brighter than he looks in the pictures... It's so crazy!!

I was... but then we ended up having more money than we planned, and he was so darn cute, and well one thing led to another and well... You know how it goes ahah

7. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

lol i went to a show with 40 dollars today not wanting to buy anymore animals and my husband decided to be cute give me 160 dollars. LOL it never fails seriously

8. VaranusDragon74

VaranusDragon74 Active Member

Nice butter you got there.. 9 months old?? Looks small, for nine months, but still nice..