This Disappears When Logged In

New Pickup [Future Breeder]

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by EriksExotics, Jun 5, 2014.

1. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Here's my question mark pickup...
    Hypo Motley x Normal.
    Hypo?
    Motley?
    We won't know until I prove her out! :)
    She is going to be considered a normal until I prove her out but in all reality she's either Hypo or Motley.

14349422504_60536193d8_b.jpg

14327156086_5df32a965a_b.jpg

14370462293_7b369f353a_b.jpg

2. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I figured this needs some kind of response, Eric. The snake is very beautiful And since I am such an expert on morphs, I certainly would say that she looks very Hyper and very Mottled.:D

3. EriksExotics

I'm still stumped on what she is. She looks normal in person but hypo mot x normal only makes motleys and hypos

4. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

WoW, She is B-E-A-Utiful!!!!! I can see the hypo, I am looking forward to seeing what proves out to be!!!

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Hypo motley x normal =
    25% hypo motley's
    25% motleys
    25% hypos
    25%normals
    Now if it was a super hypo motley x normal you would get
    50%hypos
    50%hypo motleys
    Super motley is a lethal trait, supers very rarely live past 1 year.

She has too much black to be a hypo. She is also not motley, she doesn't have the right pattern. She is a very nice looking normal :)

6. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Hypo tail:
    ctail.jpg

They don't get the grey/granite looking color and the borders are not thick black.

7. EriksExotics

@Wyldrose, I know that hypos lack black and the square pattern on motleys are inconsistent and I even have a motley with all circular saddles. even genetics calcs say hypo mot x normal = 50% hypos 50% motley.

OWALReptiles - Boa Calculator

8. EriksExotics

Even with basic or standard markings, coloration and pattern for each morphs, there are exceptions and according to all the genetic calcs and experienced breeders I've talked to, it's either a mot or a hypo

9. MrsSmith88

MrsSmith88 Member

Technically he should be a motley because he doesn't look like a hypo. very odd. do you trust who bred him? This is my 2012 female motley possible het sharp
    DSCN6825.jpg

10. EriksExotics

I watched the mother give birth to the litter this baby's from! the breeder is a close friend and my 2013 motley is from the same breeder, same female