This Disappears When Logged In

New MVB Good but Has Issues, Any Ideas? (pics)

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Geo7809, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I went on your profile and seen the tank, looks nice. Go with the 160 it will be fine. My beardie basking spot is 110-115 that's fine for them!

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm still going to wait to see how yours works out with the 100w! Did you have a MegaRay before?

3. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Nice tank! I have used one before but it was a bad one. I'll let u know how it works out for me.

4. mld

They had a big recall on them last year, hopefully they don't have any issues this year! Must have been a big loss for the company! It's so funny that the bulb is made in Canada but you have to order them in the US. Last time I checked they were waiting for them to go through customs, but I'm on this side of the border! Oh, well!

5. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Yea I guess westron started to cut corners that's why they had bad bulbs. Now they are comming in from Germany! Let's see how these are.

6. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

ReptileUV (Mega Ray) is a small company and they lost a LOT of money. The owner may have lost his house or was on the verge of losing it. This error (on the manufacturer's side, not ReptileUV) caused a huge problem. :(

I had pretty much written them off until I read up on it and saw how dedicated they were to compensating their customers. We had the problem with the T-Rex bulb (affected by the same manufacturer error) and they never responded to our complaint. :mad:

7. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Trex and mega ray were both made by westron. Im using a zoo med powersun right now, its a little weak but its doing the job.

8. mld

Yeah, I guess it was an issue at the Weston plant. Well, they have a good reputation so hopefully they will recover from this. Very dedicated to their customers, indeed.

9. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I hope so too!

10. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Where did this info come from may I ask?

11. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I've heard the same story from Jimmy at reptileUV.

12. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

UVB Meter User's group at Yahoo! (posted earlier in thread).

13. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I'm personal friends with Bob, he lives 30 minutes from me, and I can attest to the information about the company.

14. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

So then what you are saying is that this is all true!! ReptileUV (Mega Ray) is a small company and they lost a LOT of money. The owner may have lost his house or was on the verge of losing it.
    I had pretty much written them off until I read up on it and saw how dedicated they were to compensating their customers. We had the problem with the T-Rex bulb (affected by the same manufacturer error) and they never responded to our complaint.

So what the heck happened to the situation that thier lights were going to be on the market in stores after the first of the year "per Jimmy the Iguana guy"????

Hmmmmm! Have my own thoughts on this and will take it from there. What a shame!!

15. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Personally I think their service isn't the greatest either. I was supposed to have by mega ray months ago! They are replacing a bad one I had and giving me another one for 50% off which I think is great. Jimmy is a great guy to speak to but they keep messing up my shipment. I think waiting on a bulb for 4 months sucks but im just hoping the new ones they get in are as great as they say. I just got a Sunforce MVB in today. So far its turning out to be a good bulb. Putting out great uv for a 100w. I just hope Reptile UV can get back on its feet and bring back a good quality MVB for everyone!

16. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I didn't know that there were so many problems they were having. I ordered my mega ray like 2 weeks ago, was hoping to have it here soon.

17. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Hopefully we'll have them this month.

18. mld

Does anyone have a UVB meter to measure the output? If so what is a good range?

19. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I have a solarmeter 6.2 from what i've read and watched on reptileUV and uvguide's websites bearded dragons like to bask in UVB between 30-150uW/cm2. I got my meter on ebay for $165 U.S, it was a great investment.