This Disappears When Logged In

New Member! Focused on DIY Enclosures.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AZgeckos, Oct 19, 2014.

1. AZgeckos

AZgeckos Member

I just registered to the forum, although I've been reading for maybe a year now. I'm excited to get more involved in the herp community.
    I had a leopard gecko when I was much younger, but had a lot of care misinformation and he didn't exactly thrive. I've since sparked a passion for herps and providing them with top notch care and health. That's what I love about the forum: everyone wants to help, encourage, and share knowledge so that new reptile owners don't have to make the usual mistakes.
    I am particularly fascinated with making custom naturalistic enclosures and/or backgrounds, as I am a professional artist and love to design and create.
    As of now I only have my two crested geckos - Plato and Socrates - whom I love dearly. But I plan to get a leopard gecko from the Phoenix expo in November, and am currently building a custom polystyrene habitat in a 10 gallon. I would love to post both in-progress and completed pics once I'm done!
    I have done oodles and oodles of research on various species and am SO VERY EXCITED to expand my collection. Next up (after the leo) is a king snake, fire bellied toads, or whites tree frogs. Deciding is the hardest part!

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Creating backgrounds is a lot of fun. I plan to start another this winter for my Uromastyx.
    I tend to fail at the painting part whereas I'm sure you would shine.
    Looking forward to gaining some inspirations from your creations.
    So if you could get started like NOW, then I could learn some new techniques perhaps :)

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your work. While I can build or machine almost anything I want for my critters, the artistic part is pretty much a fail for me.