This Disappears When Logged In

New Mamba Pics

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by missabrat, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

yes it does! Even draws blood LOL little bugger got me last week when she got out, I think it scared her more than me LOL

2. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Whoops, I guess I stand corrected, I should have said it doesn't hurt me if it bites you. LOL. I'm talking purely from my own experience, I got bitten by my male creamsickle corn(purely accidental on his part) and I barely even noticed it until I saw the tiny droplets of blood on my hand. Maybe I am just thicker skinned or I am just more used to getting bitten(my white-lipped python bites me almost every time I hold him). Sorry for the blanket statement about painless bites.

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

LOL thanks for the laugh! N/P I'm just a big baby, heck I get stung by a skeeter and pout about it for days !! LOL

4. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

All this talk about snake bites is giving me goosebumps. I haven't been bitten by Nagini so far, but I know it can come in anytime. The expectation is killing me. :D

Your mamba is very pretty! Congrats! :)

Is it me, or all the snakes are simply beautiful? I mean, I have seen other animals that I don't favor, but I have yet to see a snake that I don't like. Magnificent creatures!

missabrat, how old is Mamba?

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And it is that awareness that can prevent it happening! You always keep in the back of your mind that it can happen.
    That said, I have snakes that have been with me for a decade and never once tried to bite.
    But I HAVE been bitten!

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

yeah, in working with any animals, I consider bites an occupational hazard. I try my best to avoid them, but they are inevitable.

Though I have been bit more times by the critters at work than my own beasties.

I think I can recall 3 different bites from my own creatures, all very minor. (Some I didn't even know were a bite until I saw droplets of blood)

At least 6 from work animals, but I've honestly lost track. (then again, i interact with a larger variety at work than I do at home.)

7. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Dragoness- I am so envious of you. I wish I could go to work every day and play with reptiles, then it wouldn't seem so much like work. I wish the NC Zoo was closer so I could work there but, alas, it is not to be. I guess I'll just have to move down to Florida some day.

8. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

No it's not all you :) I think they are all in their own special way beautiful spectacular beings :)

Mamba is now 2 1/2 mths

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.