This Disappears When Logged In

New Mamba Pics

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by missabrat, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

ok ok so you thought you were going to see pics of a mamba, but this is Mamba, my new little Kingsnake. :p

Attached Files:

2. Ace

Ace Elite Member

He is cute! Wow its hard to believe they are ever that small!

3. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

He's very pretty.

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

thank you, she is a cutie all right, very handleable, although I am leaving her alone for the next 2 weeks to acclimate to her new home. She ate 2 nice sized f/t pinkies lastnight. She is quite busy, exploring her new home,is not at all bothered by movement around her tank,which is right next to me on the endtable.

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Wow, Mamba is a great little snake, and a totally original name for a snake.

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Hehe thanks, couldn't think of anything else and I was watching a program about the black mamba LOL

7. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

You sure fooled me!:D He is beautiful.;)

8. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Nice snake! Got me excited! I'm a Ven lover to the max but a python or boa would be just fine. Why has it got red eyes?

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its an albino.

10. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

hehe sorrry LOL, you should have seen my sis's face when I told her I got a mamba LMAO :D:D

11. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

yep she is, I had her out in the sunlight yesterday, and boy oh boy the yellow is bright as a lemon, totally amazing!

12. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

beautiful snake

13. reptile_kid

reptile_kid Elite Member

Wow,he's great I was about to ask why a mamba was under kingsnake.:D

14. EaZyBaKe0vEn

EaZyBaKe0vEn Elite Member

LOL I have to admit I was also fooled by the tittle. Unique name to say the least. Very nice snake by the way. :)

15. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

wow I have had her just 2 weeks and Mamba is growing great, she had her first shed yesterday all one piece, but I broke it as I was taking it out :( and ate two big fuzzies today. here are some more pics, before and durring feeding, the one where she is hanging coiled on the fuzzie, she struck and coiled so fast I didn't have time to let it go, so my daughter snapped the pic.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
    • 070.jpg
      070.jpg
      File size:
      15.1 KB
      Views:
    • 074.jpg
      074.jpg
      File size:
      12.8 KB
      Views:
    • 096.jpg
      096.jpg
      File size:
      12.1 KB
      Views:
    • 100.jpg
      100.jpg
      File size:
      19.1 KB
      Views:
    • 107.jpg
      107.jpg
      File size:
      17.6 KB
      Views:
  16. David McConley

My,my,my, time sure does fly doesn't it? I can't believe two weeks has gone by. Mamba is impressive and I love the hanging pic it looks almost like a pink and white beehive.

17. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I wasn't so sure she would be able to get the fuzzy down, as it was quite big, but last feeding 5 days ago she put down 7 pinkies, so I figured we'd go bigger this time, she put down the two and was hunting for more, but she already had a huge belly bulge going on, so I'll let her digest before feeding again LOL such little piggies at this stage and terribly funny LOL with the rattling tail too hilarious how big and bad she thinks she is! before I know it she'll be huge!

18. David McConley

I know all about the tail rattling- my snow corn snake used to do the same thing when I first got her. She must have finally realized that I knew she was not a venomous rattler and finally calmed down. Now she just lays there while I pick her up to clean cages or just to handle her.

19. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

we'll see if she ever realizes that LOL she gets mad in strike position tail rattling if you even go to open the door of her tank.
    Funny tho we were sitting here watching tv the other night, her tank is on the end stand between the couch and recliner, I was in the recliner, my daughter on the couch.
    My daughter put her foot up on the arm of the couch and Mamba must have seen it and was at that side of the tank rattling and striking furiously, I told my daughter "at least she knows the rules, no feet on the arms of the furniture" LOL we have since covered 3 sides of the tank so Miss Mamba Queen leaves the parenting to me LOL

20. David McConley

That's really funny, I would have loved to see that. Covering the 3 sides was probably a good thing(decreased stimulation and all that). Mine was actually a young adult snake when I got her so there is no telling when Mamba will calm down. Good luck, at least it doesn't hurt if you get bitten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.