This Disappears When Logged In

New Juvenile Pacman Frog Wont Eat

Discussion in 'Horned Frogs' started by PsykotikLovbyrd, Sep 22, 2015.

1. So I got a pacman frog last Wednesday. I was not looking for a frog but on craigslist the guy selling him said he feeds him pinky mice every week. That didn't sound right, I did research, found out it was not right. I brought the little guy home, put him in a new enclosure that is 2.5 gallons (he is still very small), made it interesting with fake plants and a log and such, and gave him a lot of burrowing space. He has not been burrowing but I think that is because my room is cool enough that he does not feel the need. I do sometimes find him snuggled under some moss, but that is pretty well it. My main concern is he does not seem to want to eat. The man I got him from fed him pinky mice once a week and a handful of crickets. So far I have gotten the little guy to eat a few crickets and a superworm. I tried dubia roaches but he was less than impressed. I know they take a while to settle into their new home, but when should I worry about this? I am kind of worried that he does not recongnize anything as food except for pinkies and crickets. I only got him to eat the superworm by putting it right against his face. That's didn't work with the dubia and I don't want to stress him. I have been leaving him alone except to feed. Humidity is good, and like I said my room stays a good temperature so I am not using suppliment heating. He is near a window so he has a regular day/night cycle.

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Do you know the exact temps and humidity in his cage? While I do not know much about frogs, it might help others. If you dont have one I suggest getting a infrared thermometer to keep an eye on it.

3. Someone on a frog forum suggested that I possibly had too much furniture in his tank and it was overwhelming him. I reduced the furnishings, and not even ten minutes later he burrowed :) I will be trying to feed him in a day or two.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Awesome. Keep us updated and we love pictures (hint)

5. For some reason the pictures I have of him won`t upload here or on frogforum :/

6. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I have no idea how to now with this new system/format or whatever they have.