This Disappears When Logged In

New House for Ozzy the Iguana

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Rickenbackerman, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman Elite Member

Yeah I had thought about the stuffed sock idea - I think I'll make one this week and stick it in there.

The cap already passed - at first I thought maybe I just forgot one, but then sure enough, there it was covered in poo. :D

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Well thats ONE less thing to worry about LOL!

3. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I think Ozzy looks very comfortable indeed!!! Good job!

Glad the cap was passed out too! They do tend to eat stuff they find "lying about"!

4. Rickenbackerman

Figured I might as well update this - I added two feet to the top 2/3rds of his house a while ago...
    IMG_20110327_133752.jpg
    IMG_20110327_133806.jpg
    IMG_20110327_142339.jpg
    IMG_20110327_142352.jpg

So the bottom level is still 4x4, but the middle and top areas are 4x6, a little more roomy for my four foot long friend.

Attached Files:

5. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

that's great! i might have to find a way to steal the idea when jabbers outgrows the cage I have him in now. very nice pics thanks for sharing:)

also, i don't mean to be a critic because your enclosure is absolutely great, but that plastic cover isn't over his UVB lamp is it? If so, the rays are being completely filtered out

6. Rickenbackerman

I always welcome constructive criticism! It does look like a big plastic box, doesn't it... The plastic is just an L-shaped part on two sides that protects my eyes from the bulb since it hangs down a hair below the ceiling of his house. It's screwed to a rectangular box that I folded up out of wire mesh with 1/2" square holes.

7. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

ah i see. just making sure!