This Disappears When Logged In

New 'horned' snake species discovered

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Rich, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Biologists have announced the discovery of a spectacularly colored snake from a remote area of Tanzania in East Africa.

Read Complete Article ...

Use this thread to discuss the article above. What are your thoughts about New 'horned' snake species discovered?

2. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Thats is onw beautiful! Thats to bad about its habitat being logged and what not :(

3. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Beautiful! I love how dedicated you are to educating people Rich :)

4. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Awesome. Just think of how many undiscovered species, of anything let alone herps, are still yet to be seen...and that's speaking solely of species on earth. I'm pretty comfortable with mortality, but it kills me (no pun intended) not knowing what I'll miss when I'm gone.

5. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Agreed.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I was just reading about this. They are calling it Matilda!
    Just when they think that they know everything about everything, something comes along and slaps them up the side of the head!

7. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

It is a gorgeous snake. I think it is very sad that they have to hide its location. I understand wanting pretty herp, but and endangered one? People annoy me at times. :mad:

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

It's sad that we sometimes don't discover a species until it is almost too late.... At least it says they have a small breeding colony established, so there is hope for the preservation of the species.

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a gorgeous snake! Lets just hope that they can save them from extinction! I loved that they named it Matilda:)

10. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

That's a gorgeous snake! And I love the name too! :)

11. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Yeah, I read this night before last. My wife tends to find all these reptile related stories and she sends them to me. I read about this one and thought That is just the way it is- being named after his seven year old daughter. At least the snake is beautiful and there is hope the breeding group works out.

12. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh, I am loving these guys, so beautiful!

13. dreke89

dreke89 Member

great find very beautiful