This Disappears When Logged In

New Hognose!

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by Kernel, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I went to the ETHS expo yesterday and got a baby female het albino western hognose. I'm letting her settle in till Thursday and then I will take pics when I feed her.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

OM Gosh I'm so jealous!:x
    An het albino hognose, you must have plans for this little one!
    I guess Thursday is going to be a busy day for you and the new pickups, looking forward to it.

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I actually didn't get her to breed, I just got her as a pet. The guy I got her from had some for $45 and the hets were $75, but when I went back to get one of the cheaper ones they were all gone. Anyway, it turns out someone actually stole the $45 ones, so the guy sold me a het albino for $45. Like I said "I just got her as a pet", but I will probably end up get a het albino for her. Anyway, I will get pics first thing on Thursday. She just has the cutest little face I have ever seen on a snake:D

4. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on your new addition.:) ..(I went to an expo this weekend and for the first time ever I actually left without any "new additions"...lots of nice looking snakes though, but I decided to just stick with getting some basic feeder supplies, and a few decorative additions for the enclosures/pets I already have.)

5. mld

That will be me on the 16th at our expo! I going to try not to cry while I'm there:(

6. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Michele-- bring your dog with you to the expo. We brought ours last time and it made me feel a whole lot better about leaving without another critter. Plus I think they really get a kick out of all the crazy things they have there.

7. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I just love hognose snakes! I hope you enjoy her! Can't wait for pictures! ;)

8. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I already just absolutely love her.

9. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Here she is. She doesn't have a name yet, so any suggestions are welcome. She ate right after I took these pics.

Attached Files:

10. Notafrog

Notafrog Active Member

She is so beautiful!

11. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks!

12. mld

Oh my goodness, she is a real cutie! These are one of my favourites, I'm in love again:x

mon petite "Cochon"

13. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Yea, that's why I got her cause I think hognoses have the cutest face of any snake.

14. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I just love your little friend! :) I caught a baby hognose snake here a few weeks ago. I'll have to post some pictures so you can see it. It was an eastern hognose and so pretty! It was hard to relocate it instead of keep it. lol

15. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks!

16. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

What did you feed it? I have heard some people say they have a hard time getting theirs to eat rodents, and others say theirs seem to love it. I really like the hognose too, they are on my wishlist, but I don't know what kind I want.

17. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Mine readily eats pinkies. The easterns are the ones that are hard to get to eat rodents. Westerns like what I have are easy to get to eat mice.

18. Sandi1961

Sandi1961 Member

Kernel, she is absolutely gorgeous!!!I love her little face, somehow she just looks feminine...lol...

And she looks like a Sasha to me...

19. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks and I will add that name to the list.

20. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Here is the little guy I caught in our back yard. He was so cute! It was so hard to do the right thing and let him go! lol

Attached Files: