This Disappears When Logged In

New Hide Help!

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by avoidtheboyd, Jan 21, 2011.

1. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

ok, so i cut out the hide i want from styrofoam (not polystyrene) so now i just need to glue the parts together somehow. What do you recommend? Ive used Liquid nails before but it goes but extremely fast and its just kind of a waste. Can i use like Elmers glue or anything? I probably wont be putting it in his tank any time soon because i think i really ****ed him off. He started waving his tail around in the air and swaying back and forth. I dont know why the change came around because hes the most docile of all my geckos.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

A lot of adhesives will burn through foam, but there is a product called Foamboard Adhesive made just for foam. You need a chalk gun for it. I have also heard of people using liquid nails also. I'm sure that tacky glue would also work, it can be purchased at any place that sells craft supplies like Walmart.

Don't forget to post pictures when your done!:)

3. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

So i glued it together with a low temp hot glue gun and it didnt melt so i think that qualifies as successful. Nest i have some grout but is that meant to add color? if so could i just paint it brown and then use a sealant on it? Im not too knowledgeable with this.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Here are some of the FAQ on lizard landscapes.
    Frequently asked (lizard cage) questions

You can add color to your grout if you want or paint it after the grout or even both to give it a more natural look, totally up to you. The grout will make it a rock like surface and you don't have to worry about it being eaten by crickets, geckos.

If this hide is for a moist hide I would make sure that you seal it with a non toxic waterproof sealer and NOT mod podge, mod podge is just white glue and is water soluble.

Check out the link to the website!
    Have fun!