This Disappears When Logged In

New Here

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by jasonwade02, Sep 26, 2011.

1. jasonwade02

jasonwade02 Member

Hey guys. I'm here, actually just registered today. I'm wanting to get an ETB down the road. I've still got a lot of research to do yet so I'm thinking it may still be a year or two yet before I get one. I'm trying to figure out how I want to do the enclosure and was thinking about doing a naturalistic enclosure with real plants and such. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on how to make a tree for the enclosure that looks real but will be sturdy enough for a full grown ETB to rest on. I was thinking about starting with PVC and then coating it with great stuff so I can carve it out to look like bark and what not but I don't know if that will be sturdy enough. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've posted this same quetion on a couple different forums and no one seems to have any ideas, or at least no one has replied yet.

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

3. jasonwade02

jasonwade02 Member

Thanks for this. I am going to have to read through this tonight when I get home.

4. jasonwade02

jasonwade02 Member

I may also have many questions too, I'm ecstatic that I found this forum because it seems there aren't too many people who keep these on the forums I normally frequent.

5. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

Lots of people here with boas :)

I'm not one of them, but just ask and someone will be sure to answer ;)

Welcome to HC!!

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!
    Blackjack is our resident Chondro Diva! LOL!

7. jasonwade02

jasonwade02 Member

Yeah, that link he sent me was awesome. I think I am going to use that to build an enclosure rather than going out and buying one. I really like the look of those too. I just need to narrow down which stores around me sells the supplies I will need. I am sure the hardware store will carry most of the stuff I need.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Blackjack is a female!

9. jasonwade02

jasonwade02 Member

I guess I should have realized that since she has her name in her signature?