This Disappears When Logged In

New GTP

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by Snakewomen, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Snakewomen

Snakewomen Active Member

Today I got a new GTP! :) Im so excited, she is gorgeous and the sweetest GTP I have ever seen. She is a Lereh type with some amazing blue on her. I got her from someone who was moving and couldn't have her anymore. I just wanted to post a picture of my enclosure and temps and humidity to make sure it is adequate. Also the guy said before I got her that she had shed but when I saw her I noticed that she was still in a shed, and it wasn't going very well. There's a bunch still stuck near the front of her body and her scales are bunching up a bit. But other than that she is very healthy and sweet. Any advise on the bad shed would be appreciate :)
    So here are my temps and stuff (btw I think the cage size is 32X24X24)--- Thermostat set a 87.5 on hot side and its 79-80 on cool side. Humidity is 80% right now because I just misted and because of her bad shed but I will let it dry out a lot before I spray again (like to 55% or something). Oh and I didn't even say but she's an adult. The guy said he got her in 2006 when she was a neonate but she seems pretty darn small to me. Oh well! but anyways yeah so if you have any recommendations I would love to here! oh and one more thing! Names! I need names, I am stumped on what to name her. I was thinking Sundara (beautiful in Hindi) or Zuri (beautiful in Swahili).

Thanks!
    View attachment 30007 GTP cage.jpg

2. Poison

Poison Elite Member

I can already tell that you are not carring for it right. Your best option would be to pack it up in a shipping box with a heat pack and send him my way. :p

100% kidding. I wish I had one. I will soon hopefully. Congrats on the new snake. Would love some more pics :D

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Don't let your humidity drop so much specially when in shed. I'm sure you know chondros need higher humidity more then other animals. When you spray your humidity should reach 100% and then drop from there. Use a shedding aid to help it get all the shed off as it seems to be more of an issue for them. Handle it to help it get it off but other then that leave it alone, they stress more more then others. The set up looks good!! Congrats on the new addition!

4. Snakewomen

Snakewomen Active Member

ok I wont I'll make sure it doesn't dry out too much :) and yes I was worried about her stressing but it surprised me; when I went to get her the guy just pulled her out of a bag and handed her to me and I had to hold her on the way home, she seemed absolutely fine! Seriously the most calm GTP I've seen. And thanks! I am so happy with her :)
    Appreciate the advice!

p.s and as for Poison I will never let her out of my sight! :p I will get some more pics soon!