This Disappears When Logged In

New Everglades Rat Baby!

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by Goodkat, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Goodkat

Goodkat Member

This is my first rat snake, bought him CB from a reptile "zoo" near me here in WA :). His parents are both extremely bright orange, so I'm looking forward to him growing out of his baby colors!

IMG_20101115_174907.jpg

IMG_20101115_175057.jpg

IMG_20101115_175050.jpg

IMG_20101115_175132.jpg

Pretty darn calm for a baby too, skittish when first picked up but settles down quite fast. Hasn't even had his first shed yet.

EDIT: Fixed 4th photo

Attached Files:

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have never seen the babies of this species, only the adults. Until you mentioned the parents colors, I would not have known he was an everglades rat, because I didn't know they were born a different color.

He sure is cute!

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Very nice. Alot of the rat/corn species grow into completely different colors as an adult.

4. Goodkat

Goodkat Member

Thanks! And yeah I had no idea they changed color either until I was shown his parents. I'm definitely going to take photos as he/she grows so I can see the progression

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a little cutie pie, very nice, looking forward to the pictures of his progression to adult! Love baby pics, thanks for sharing

6. Boa

Boa Elite Member

That's one nice looking snake, really nice color pattern.

7. Goodkat

Goodkat Member

Yeah, I was joking with the gal I bought it from about that pattern....unfortunately it'll be long gone in a few months.

EDIT: Holy cow that was quick, first shed at 9 days old! First feeding incoming