This Disappears When Logged In

New Enclosures for My Rhacs

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Orca, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Orca

Orca Elite Member

My gargoyle gecko moved out of her old 10 gallon and into the 20 gallon high that my cresteds were in. And those two moved into a new 38 gallon mesh Reptarium.

Goblin's new tank:
    P8011506.jpg

Her very unsure that she likes the upgrade:
    P8011509.jpg

Kermit and Fraggle's new enclosure:
    P8011510.jpg

These two also unsure about the new environment:
    P8011512.jpg

So as long as the respiratory thing going on with Kermit clears up and stays away, that will be their new, permanent enclosure.

Attached Files:

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I am sure they will all setting in! Are you going to cover some of the sides with paper or something?

3. Orca

Orca Elite Member

I haven't decided that yet... I think I'm going to wait until I get my new digital hygrometer to see what the humidity is at. The sides of the glass tank were never covered so the fact that they can see all around isn't a different concept to them.

Goblin took a few days to warm up to it. At first she would just hide and come out to eat. Now I find her hanging out on the wood. She still insists that she must curl up under the small coconut hide and not use the big one even though she can barely fit under it anymore.
    I thought the Cresteds were okay but maybe not as much as I thought. I really want this new mesh thing to work. It doubled their space and still fit on the same shelf.

4. Dragonscalestudios

Dragonscalestudios Elite Member

The reptarium is ok at holding humidity. I used the largest one(6'x2'x2' I believe) for my Ig when he went outside for sun. I kept a large water dish in the bottom(by dish I mean cat litter box lol) and gave it a good misting before he went in.

5. Orca

Orca Elite Member

It is? Good to hear! I'm currently on the prowl for a good digital hygrometer ( *kicks self for losing the one she had* ) so I can keep an eye on that better. That was my main concern with it so that is why I went with a layer of eco earth for a substrate and not just the paper towel.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Since the thing is a mesh cube, there is absolutely nothing to hold humidity in.

7. Dragonscalestudios

Dragonscalestudios Elite Member

It is very cloth-like, very very fine mesh, I'm saying *I* did not have a problem keeping humidity up. It could have been the water tub in the bottom, it could have been the fact that I soaked everything inside with the spray bottle before putting my ig in. *shrug*

8. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Well, I've got eco earth at the bottom and I just got that hygrometer (just need to figure out how to work the thing (I don't have common sense so I'm dragging the roommate in for this one). Then I'll let you know how it turns out.