This Disappears When Logged In

new enclosure!

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by nicole, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicole

nicole Elite Member

well here are some pics of the new enclosure that was just built for Wing and Grizzly, and Grizzly hates it! I took the pictures before I went to wal mart and cleaned out their fake plant section :D When I put them all in it looked great for a whopping 20 minutes before Grizzly did some rearranging, lol

Attached Files:

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Strange...there is no quick reply box...

Either way the enclosures look great, Griz will have to get used to it!

3. The D

The D Mango Empress

looks great Nicole! i'm sure griz will get over it =^.^=

4. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Our Iggy took quite a while to get use to his new digs when he was put inside, but eventually he came around to his grouchy self. Can you give size dimensions please? Did you use 1' square ceramic tiles?

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I think that they look great Nicole!
    Griz will just have to pout a bit and get over it!;)

6. venus

venus Founding Member

Awesome, they look fantastic.

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

are those floor tiles on the walls? It looks great. The tiles give it a very natural feel!

8. nicole

nicole Elite Member

the tiles are almost 16 inch, I got them way cheap at Home Depot. The measurements are 48 inches wide, 30 inches deep, and 6 foot tall. Now remember, before everyone freaks out about Grizzlys enclosure not being large enough that his cannot be that tall because he is well...............to put it politely special ed and falls off anything that is too tall and hurts himself. So for his own good he is not given anything that is too tall, and also to save in my vet bills:D There is also 4 inches of dead space between the two cages that traps the heat from Grizzlys cage and keeps the tiles in Wings cage very warm, as I am not a huge fan of the UTH, and of course absolutely no hot rocks. The only thing that we did wrong on this one was we did not build a lightcover for Wing which we are doing now, and we changed the fittings to the brass ones you see that do not allow me to use padlocks on them:eek: So now we are trying to figure a way around that as i like all my cages to be locked when I am not around. I just had to have the pretty brass fittings, LOL

9. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I missed that question, yes they are floor tiles on the back walls. We had to reinforce the back to get it to hold the weight of the tiles. :D

10. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I like that. The ig looks pretty happy too.

11. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice. I wish I had room for an enclosure that size.

12. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I love it! It makes the one next to it look like Ghetto, lol I cant complain though I gave my poor hubby 6 days to build that one for a HUGE Iguana that was coming in that eventually passed away from renal failure after 4 months of trying to rehab. Baby Dragons will be exactly the same only it will be longer, but the same height as she is not very steady either, but the great part about it being longer is that I can divide the upper cage into two seperate snake enclosures for Prayer and Cleopatra, and when they find homes I will have great enclosures ready to go for the next sob story. :D I have them in huge aquariums now and I hate the look of those things all over my house! So as for now I wait very impatiently while he works on it an hour here, two hours there, blah blah, lol

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

At least he will do it for you! I know many peoples' spouses that would just as soon have THEIR reptiles out of the house and will do nothing to support their hobby, let alone taking in rescues.

14. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Yeah , I suppose I should not compain as he is very supportive of what I do. He tends to get angrier than I do about peoples ignorance and what condition these animals come here in. He is not a very big fan of snakes, but still was extremely angry about Patty, Wing, and Prayer and that whole situation! I thought he was going to burn the guys house down, lol

15. venus

venus Founding Member

Thats awesome Nicole. Its great you have his support, alot of people dont have that. Tell him to keep up the good work :)

16. JMM

JMM Elite Member

Very nice enclosures Nicole.
    You (and your husband) should be very pleased (and proud) with the outcome

17. nicole

nicole Elite Member

thanks for all the compliments I am very proud of HIS work, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.