This Disappears When Logged In

New Enclosure (9 Pics)

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by pjrojo, Jan 4, 2013.

1. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

I finally moved my Green Tree Python into her new enclosure this evening. I finished it a few days ago and it has held temperature and humidity almost perfectly both day and night. When she got in she covered every inch of the place and seems to like it. After clawing around for a while she perched up…

8345100776_c491108594_z.jpg

8344041737_4369f6faa8_z.jpg

8344041689_7e5985972d_z.jpg

8344041625_ee824f8010_z.jpg

8344041561_d2a2560c74_z.jpg

8344041499_92f4daa65b_z.jpg

8344041447_7f7eabd1c7_z.jpg

8345100388_688beb2004_z.jpg

8345100328_de27c51e3d_z.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you liked them…

Attached Files:

2. categoryfour

categoryfour Well-Known Member

She's beautiful. This is the species that made me love reptiles.

3. pjrojo

Thanks!!!!! They are beautiful animals

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Very nice!! Your enclosures are all very cool!
    I am glad I have not seen a GTP for sale in this area, I really am running out of space lol! I got a new hatchling rack that can hold 90 hatchlings :)

5. Failbot88

Failbot88 Member

beautiful snake and amazing enclosure!!! What'd you use for materials for the enclosure itself? I eventually want to build one for my king snake but i'm a carpenter and all ive ever worked with is wood -_-. great job though!

6. pjrojo

Thanks a lot Susan :) , I really enjoy putting them together for my babies :)

Just know if you get one Green Tree Python, you'll get another one. I promise one is never enough. Speaking of hatchlings, I want a snake or two from your collections

7. pjrojo

Thank you very much! A lot of that enclosure came from the Dollar Tree, It is a glass enclosure 12x12x18, Take a look ay my Corn and Milk snake enclosure if you want an idea to get you started

8. riderx4life

riderx4life Well-Known Member

b-e-a-u-tiful!!! will you need a bigger enclosure? sorry for the dumb question new to the snake world..

9. pjrojo

Thank you very much! Her enclosure is to size right now, I have already started working on her next enclosure an 18x18x18 but I won't move her into that one until Spring/Summer 2013

10. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

She is stunning and her new enclosure is, just, WOW! Unfortunately for me, hubby refuses to let me have a reptile that could eat our Dachshunds if it escaped. Still love her beauty though. :)

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What size enclosure would an adult need?

12. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice work there Pat! Always enjoy seeing the little girl perched, I still like the yellow very much! They grow so quci don't they ;)

13. pjrojo

At the very minimum I'd say 24x18x24, What local snake do you have

Thanks Joey! As you know and have said 'it's fun watching them grow' :) , Dude I wish y'all could see her yellow, The posted pictures do her no justice, I have a 60 diode 13 watt LED on her and Man O' Man it shows every color on her

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I don't have snakes but wanted to clarify for the user that posted earlier(plus i am nosy). And for some reason I had thought 36x18x36...

15. pjrojo

That's a nice one too, Mine will go in a 24x18x36

16. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Believe it or not they don't really need the huge cages other pythons might their size. Though bigger is always better they do just fine in smaller ones because they're fairly sedentary snakes. Males move more but they are smaller as adults then the females.

17. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I think they will be my first snake if I find one for a decent price. And in a few years when I finish school.