This Disappears When Logged In

New Burmese

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Scottk, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Scottk

Scottk Active Member

So it's been a while since I posted on any forum. Anyways here is my new addition, a female albino burmese. I've been wanting a burm and I was going to wait another month til the San Diego reptile expo. I was searching Craigslist for a snake rack and came across her for a really really good price( dirt cheap). Anyways I've only had her for 3 days, she goes to the vet on fri. I got her from a middle school teacher who taught science class and the snake kept in the class room and she has been used to handling by adults and kids. She is super docile. This is just her quarantine cage I have a 8x3x2 ready for her, but like I said she is in quarantine for a few weeks. Great snake, I knew this was one I couldn't pass up. Not the best pics but I hope you enjoy. Haven't measured her but she's around 5ft
    null_zps6c4cbbd8.jpg
    null_zps4857e7eb.jpg
    null_zps99cc6365.jpg

Attached Files:

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Congrats.

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! Looks like she'll be a looker ;)

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Congratulations. Very nice pick up.

5. Scottk

Scottk Active Member

Well we went to the vet and she has a clean bill of health. I've been holding her and she is very docile. I fed her on Sunday a nice sized rat and she ate it right away. I have a question though. Is feeding a snake this size multiple mice ok. I ask because when I got her the guy said she never ate rats, he would throw in 10 mice for her to eat. She has some scarring but nothing major and you have to look real hard to see it. I was just wondering about more than one prey item if it can damage their insides.

6. rimridge

rimridge Well-Known Member

It will not harm your snake in any way to feed it multiple food items. 10 jumbo mice sounds like a reasonable meal for a burm that size. If I were you, I would be experimenting with other food items. You said it won't touch rats, try rubbing a rat with a mouse making it smell like a mouse. Try small rabbits or foul. The cost to feed a burm on small feeders would be crazy. Burms are eating machines when young and growing and they will also put down larger food item's than many will think

7. PeanutsMarmiteSydney

PeanutsMarmiteSydney Elite Member

Could also try getting hold of some mice/rat hybrids. They usually get non feeders eating and are also good for mouse - rat transitions and live - dead as well.

8. Scottk

Scottk Active Member

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering about that just for my own curiosity, she ate yesterday a nice sized rat no problem. I have one more question. Her eyes are not red, they're almost silverish blue, is that normal. I'm at work ill get a picture of the head when I get home so you can see the eyes. I was reading that some albino burns have blue eyes.

9. rimridge

rimridge Well-Known Member

That's good she ate a rat. Her eyes are the blueish color ,meaning that she is going to shed in around a week.