This Disappears When Logged In

New Boy ;)

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Wyldrose, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yep I told the husband I won't be buying anymore snakes this year. So I got this guy for free haha!

He was passed around a bit and the new owners just left him in the laundry room so he needed a home where he'd be taken care of and appreciated :)
    No name yet thinking some type of big rig name since I watched a semi T-bone a pick-up that turned in front of him on my drive home. Light turned yellow and semi kept going... I hope no one was hurt, by the time the lights turned green 4 cars and the construction workers at the site where it happened where all there helping.

He's got some Aztec/ziz zag pattern going on, which is a project I would like to work on!
    003-77.jpg

Attached Files:

2. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

Sweet pick up!

3. OrchidPal

OrchidPal Elite Member

Wow, he's a handsome guy! He's got a "heart" pattern in the photo, just where the edge of your hand meets his body. I guess you can't call him "Love Truckers" :-&

4. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Why not call him T-Bone? He's beautiful!!!

5. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

That is one sweet looking corn-snake, I am loving his pattern and coloration!!! I agree with JSqueezer, T-Bone sounds like the perfect name!!!

I truly hope no one was injured in the accident.

6. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I think his name is T-bone lol! I looked up big truck names and he doesn't seem to be a "peterbuilt" or a "freightliner" :) I moved him into one of my under the bed bins I keep my adults in. He came in the 18x18x24 exo terra, the one your supposed to put cresties and tree frogs in lol! So now I have an empty enclosure... :) lol Kids want a red eyed tree frog and now we have the enclosure!

Also no reported injuries from the accident. Thankfully it was in town and the speed limit on the road is 60kms(37miles/h). If it was any faster there would be no hope. The truck was loaded with gravel so he couldn't stop when the light changed.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hmmmmm I seem to remember you saying that you were not acquiring any more snakes! There was no stipulation as to whether they be purchased or not!

LMAO!@

8. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Susan, I'm just glad to see that your addition found his way to you. It's just sad to see helpless animals being passed around like a bucket of popcorn. WELCOME HOME T-BONE!!! As for the accident, I'm glad to hear that there were no injuries, accidents involving a semi’s more often than not end in injuries and/or fatalities

I guess you can compare this type of situation to eating a tube of Pringles or acquiring more tattoos "once you start it's very hard to stop". For example, yesterday I told myself I was only going to eat 5 Pringles>:)… let just say Dee didn't get to taste a crumb LOL!!! And for the tattoos, I’ll just leave it at that.;|(|

9. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

For me to "acquire" something means that money will change hands. If someone "gives" me something... then that's what is.. they "gave" it to me, I didn't actually "acquire" it. In the case of living beings they just come to "live" with me. I know this makes no sense at all, but hey, things are often a little twisted in Boo's World.;|(|

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Love you JSqueezer :) lol!
    After my amel mot had to be pts this winter I was worried about not having another mature male for next season. Sure he is a normal but it's hard to find a normal who isn't het amel or anery. Still working on my plans for next season and I'll see if I can sneak him in there!

11. Sarandacotah

Sarandacotah Well-Known Member

He is so beautiful! I am so happy that yet another beautiful creature will be getting a new start to an amazing life :) Thank you!

12. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

See, there was a reason why you had to have this snake!!

13. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yep it works out great and the kids have been bugging me for a red eyed tree frog and the tank T-bone was in is the 18wx18dx24h exo terra so it's perfect for a tree frog or maybe even cresties :) 18x18 doesn't give much floor space for a snake and the heat pad was mounted in the middle and the only temp gauge is the dial thing.

14. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So they joys of a small town, I have heard now that the driver of the pick-up broke his arm. Not bad since he did get t-boned by a semi with a full load of gravel!

15. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

Awesome corn! I've always loved their "blood red" colors, super pretty.

16. BerserkHerps

BerserkHerps New Member

Congrats on saving and adopting this beautiful specimen!

17. dylroche

dylroche Well-Known Member

congrats!