This Disappears When Logged In

New Boa is Acting Werid

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by DSBoots, Mar 29, 2014.

1. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Good luck in getting that truly beautiful boa back to health. Thank you for your perseverance and caring!

2. DSBoots

DSBoots Well-Known Member

Alrighty guys. Quick update: Took Nala to a vet who does reptiles and he told me to up my baytril to half a CC and give it through a tube every other day, and he also gave me Metrodinazol. I need to give her .1 cc every day though tube as well.

3. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

If you ever consider selling the Motley after she's in good health, please keep me in mind!!! Looking for females currently.

Absolutely gorgeous!! Keep us updated!

4. DSBoots

Lol I'm actually considering breeding her when she's able. She's got multiple genes, I'm not sure what though. I know she's het for albino as well.

5. EriksExotics

Lol... That makes my need for this girl even worse. . I've actually been looking for a Mot het Albino.... My 6 month old Mot is a poss het Kahl. Just keep me in mind! :)

6. DSBoots

Haha I sure will. I think I remember the breeder saying Motley, Chocolate/chocolatemotley and albino. This will actually be my first time breeding, but I've been provided with most everything I need. Including an incubator. It'll be a little while though. Ive gotta get her healthy and let her grow quite a bit :D

7. EriksExotics

Boa constrictors are ovoviviparous ;)

8. DSBoots

Bahaha. Well thank you for that. Saves a bit of trouble XD. the guy had 2 incubators that he made with a thermostat, a fan, some heating elements and a drink cooler. it works extremely well. Ill just have to wait to break it out after I get some experience and breed my burms :D

9. EriksExotics

Not needing incubators is one of the reasons I prefer boas! lol Can't wait to see what projects you end up doing

10. DSBoots

10178141_653663474669700_1470585090_n.jpg
    Im not sure if theres more you can tell me from just looking at this picture, but this is the clutch that Nala came from.

11. EriksExotics

I think that is a few litters put together. That's either one huge genetically insane litter or a few smaller litters.

12. DSBoots

I think its just one really big litter. The breeder always posted pics of single litters at a time.

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It could be from one litter. The litter one of mine came from looked like this! One big gloppy mess.
    th_Mommy.jpg

14. EriksExotics

That's an insanely large litter.. How many babies and what was the pairing?

15. Merlin

Mother and father were both your basic "common" boas.
    There were 31 in the litter with a couple of slugs.

16. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

What is the record number of live babies in one litter?

17. Merlin

I believe about 50!
    but the average is about 30.

18. EriksExotics

I'm not sure how true it is but I've been told that the average for a virgin is 5-15 and eventually, over time, their average becomes closer to 30

That being said, my friend's virgin had 38, no slugs, no stillborns July last year so you never know.

DSBoots - Since there is Albino/Sunglow babies in your picture (cannot see well from my phone) that means one or both of the parents had the albino gene in them. That means every single baby is possibly heterozygous for Albino.

19. DSBoots

Hey guys. Good news! Nala actually ate by herself. one small rat. I might try to get a medium in her next week :D 1017754_659281914107856_2202132983940649221_n.jpg

20. CrazySnakeLady

CrazySnakeLady Elite Member