This Disappears When Logged In

New Baby!!!!

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by Joy81, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Ok, so I know that we don't support crummy pet stores, but..... I am visiting my mom here in Glendive MT and we have a really scuzzy pet store here. The front is full of really sad critters and the back is an immaculate well stocked Head shop. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. I have been in there only once before today, I promised myself I would never go back. I was driving by and I felt totally compelled to stop. I went inside and what did I find amid the Scwallor? An adorable baby snake! I paid $10 for it and ran! It is about 6inches long and very tiny, the only feed it every 3 days!!!!!! ARGH!!!! :mad: It had no light, or water and was in a tank full of sand!!!! I promise this baby will be well cared for, and when it an adult maybe Flash will have a friend:)

2. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

I forgot to tell you that the baby snake is a Garter snake :p

3. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I think buying stuff from crummy pet stores is grey area, on one hand you don't want to encourage them that bad treatment is profitable, but on the other hand... the animal didn't chooose to go there. Congrats on the baby, i'm glad you got it... ya can't ignore your feelings to do something sometimes... :)

4. Nieneve

Nieneve Member

Aww poor baby! Theres this pretty nice shop by me called captive born reptiles I've been there a couple times and their little herps are well cared for, but they have bird eating spiders *shudder* and I am very scared of them.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

it would be nice if there were more pet shops that took the time to care properly for their animals. Don't they realize that nobody wants to buy sickly animals?

then again, most of the people who would buy from them wouldn't know a sickly animal from a healthy one. The people who are educated usually prefer to find other sources...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.