This Disappears When Logged In

New Baby Dwarf Boa Pics!!

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Bunny5layer, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunny5layer

Bunny5layer Member

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I didn't like the substrate either. I've removed the substrate and placed a smaller container inside the viv. This one i believe to be much more suitable for a boa this size. it measures about 12"x8" and the substrate i've used is just kitchen towel. I am also wondering about it being a dwarf.. the origional owner paid just £200 (not entirely sure what that is in USD, i think about $300) which included the snake and the viv. I'm thinking it may be a BCI.

Heres what the setup looks like now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be changing that stupid heat lamp for a red lamp to sit on top of the viv. It will remain on all the time because at the moment, temperature between night and day are extremes for the snake. I cant use the current lamp much because its too powerful.

2. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Chances are it's not a dwarf. The only true dwarf boa is the Tarahumara local from Mexico they run about 400 euro (around $600 US). But don't worry too much boas are normally fairly well mannered and less likely to bite than carpets. From the pictures your boa looks fine and it seems your doing everything you can to keep him happy.

3. Bunny5layer

Bunny5layer Member

Thanks =], i'm trying my best lol!

I've replaced that bulb with a red reflector bulb, and placed it on top. Fitted it with a dimming thermostat and keeping a close eye on the temp. It's just a matter of waiting now till around the end of the week to see what happens when i introduce a fuzzy. Fingers crossed! Will keep you updated.

4. Bunny5layer

Bunny5layer Member

:D Tried a feed tonight, and the snake went straight for it!
    So happy she's feeding now :) no more worries!! Thanks for everyones advice x

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats GREAT!

6. Benn-bmx

Benn-bmx Banned User

lovely pictures thanks for sharing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.