This Disappears When Logged In

New Baby Cyclura to Show!

Discussion in 'Cyclura - Rock Iguana' started by risa630, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. risa630

risa630 New Member

Hi there! My name is Marisa and I finally acquired the iguana I have always wanted! I always thought I would get a green iguana but after a lot of research, I decided to own a Cyclura! I am a homeowner with lots of space and will be providing him/her with a large enclosure and allowance to roam the house once older. I just got Jira today, he/she is 36 days old, and is already good with some light handling. I have a lot of experience with reptiles and handling wild iguanas (they tame well with me), and I am excited for this new adventure. I owned a Snapping Turtle for a long time (he was such a gentle giant) and I have a red eared slider (easy care, I know). Looks like there aren't many owners of the Cyclura in the US or on here, but enjoy the two pics I posted if you can! :)

Attached Files:

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center and congrats on your new addition!

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!

4. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

Lucky you! Welcome to HerpCenter.
    I don't know about Red Eared Sliders being easy care!:p

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

welcome aboard - cute Cyclura!

Also like the Venus Fly Trap decor!

6. purplecandle

purplecandle Active Member

Cute, looks like a lot of personality!

7. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

What a cutie!!! :) welcome!

8. risa630

risa630 New Member

Thanks everyone! Attached is a new pic...one month apart, he is growing quickly! He is still timid but I am handling him everyday, and he takes a nap on me later in the evening. These guys sleep a lot! He must be getting about 16-18 hours a day. but when he is awake he is VERY active, even jumping and climbing the ceiling of his enclosure!

Also I added him smiling from my shoulder. He is a cutie :)

Attached Files:

9. risa630

risa630 New Member

Sorry - my RES is VERY easy, I have had him for about 4 years now (little boy, full grown). I trained him to take food from his platform, so not much of a mess, and his filter goes about 4 month between cleanings (its a Fluval U4). So really all I do is feed him once a day and change his filter 3 times a year and all is well. He is a very happy boy and loves to interact with me.

Attaching a pic of him the other night trying to get to me...he doesn't like to be held but he loves to be as close to me as possible under water and from the platform. He's a cutie, named Koopa.

Attached Files:

10. jbauer65

jbauer65 New Member

Hi, I was wondering where you got your Rock from? I've been trying to get more information concerning baby Rocks & Rhinos from "Snakes at Sunset" where I've seen others have ordered theirs from but haven't had ANY luck getting responses.

Thanks, Great looking Cyclura!
    Jim

11. socalherps

socalherps Active Member

wow! It's gorgeous! welcom to HC

12. risa630

risa630 New Member

Hi Jim!

I did order him from Snakes at Sunset. They only had two hatchlings left for the season so I ordered him right away. These are not easy to find and you usually need to wait for the next group of hatchlings. I agree the guys at Snakes at Sunset are not responsive to inquires, but they were good about communicating when he was shipped and his age, etc. I think you just need to watch their inventory for the next clutch. It looks like everyone is sold out for now. Back water reptiles is sold out, Florida Iguana...every one seems to be sold out right now (I just looked them up). Wow - I got lucky!

13. Laurah

Laurah Member

Awww I can't believe mine was that small...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.