This Disappears When Logged In

New B. Vagans

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by alpine, Oct 24, 2012.

1. alpine

alpine Elite Member

After much consideration, went ahead and got another tarantula. This one is going to grow up to be a pretty one :3 apparently they also grow fast. Right now he is the same size as Arachne, my chaco golden knee. The common name for these guys is the Mexican Red Rump... Thinking I might call him Mr. Red Butt as a joke. Maybe his nickname lol as far as another name I would love some thoughts! haha
    IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg

2. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

See once you get one...you can't stay away! Watch in 6 months you"ll have 50! He's a cutie!!

3. alpine

alpine Elite Member

No I have my limits. And I still find that I am nervous around tarantulas. But in either case he is kinda cute. Since I saw him yesterday he has gotten off of his little log piece and even seems to have started a burrow which is funny. I have heard that they are major epic burrowers. And I held Arachne the other day, she was on her leaf and I lifted it and she dropped an inch onto my hand. Walked right off my finger and back into her little place. Scared the living **** out of me.

4. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

See they are sweeties! She just wanted Some lovin ;) though remember most from brachypelma are calm-red rumps are feisty and bitey. When he grows up you're going to want to move him using a plastic container.

5. alpine

alpine Elite Member

I understand. I am still more shy about handling and I have read that as well so he is going to be a "look at me I'm pretty but I'll try and chew your arm off" kind of pet... Not planning on messing with him. I'll get something else later for handling. Besides he moves pretty fast o_O not interested in getting too familiar with him if he is going to fly off my hand and/or chew on me. Not amusing.

6. alpine

alpine Elite Member

On a side note, what should I name him? :)